l lighter trigger spring

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

kenny s

l lighter trigger spring

Post by kenny s »

A little off topic, but this is for a friend. He has a Pedersoli Roller and needs a lighter trigger spring.
Anybody know where he could find one?
Thanks...Ken
cat1870

Re: l lighter trigger spring

Post by cat1870 »

Try VTI gunparts..
He probably will have to modify it but at least he'll have a spare if it gets screwed up.
SASS Life Member
NRA Life Member....
Which rifle should I shoot today???
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

I always replace the flat trigger spring with one made of music wire which lightens it considerably and is more reliable. This is what they look like and are made of .078 diameter wire for a 1902 Remington Roller.
I understand that the Geometry of Pedersoli rolling block actions has been changed some from Remington specs and the main spring should not be lightened or the block can potentially be forced open from blow back pressure.
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

maybe you or gunsmith can take a little off the sear making it more like a set trigger... making a single trigger lighter can be quite the job and may not come out the way you like it. taking metal off the sear and polishing it can make a huge difference . Just a thought.
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

Last edited by bpcr shooter on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
NMLRA Member
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

maybe you or gunsmith can take a little off the sear making it more like a set trigger... making a single trigger lighter can be quite the job and may not come out the way you like it. taking metal off the sear and polishing it can make a huge difference . Maybe a call to IFG in Texas they handle all parts for Pedersoli.
NMLRA Member
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

That is true and I always stone my triggers and sears but this simple spring will usually work wonders on trigger pull.
Most of my guns are also set up with a sear lift after the face angles are set up and stoned square to each other.
Most military Roller block rifles come with a trigger pull heavy enough to be able to swing from the trigger without dropping the hammer.
They can be set up quite easily with the above described system to yield a 2-3 pound clean breaking simple trigger.
SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

I make .045 piano wire trigger springs for my Rolling Blocks.

Womack (Rolling Block Parts) also sells piano wire trigger springs which cut the trigger pull by more than half.