It's Coming

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SFogler

It's Coming

Post by SFogler »

I've said for a long time that the way they'll get to us gun owners will be through some sort of tax or fee that makes it too expensive to own a gun. Anti-gun people will say "Sure you can own a gun" but the fees and taxes will price it out of the reach of most of us.
Well here you go. Our Colorado Congressman is joining others in sponsoring a bill that will prohibit these kinds of fees designed to make it too expensive to own a gun. Evidently it is already happening in California and other places. Let your Congressmen know how you feel.

Washington, D.C.- Congressman Doug Lamborn joined Congressman Ronny Jackson and 24 of their House colleagues in introducing the No User Fees for Gun Owners Act. This legislation would amend Title 18 of the United States Code and the National Firearms Act to ban any state or unit of local government from imposing any insurance requirement or any tax, user fee, or other similar charges as a condition of continued ownership of a firearm, pistol, or revolver.
“The right to bear arms is a fundamental right, protected by the Second Amendment,” said Congressman Doug Lamborn. “America was founded on the principles of freedom, and over the past 244 years, that hasn’t changed. No form of government, whether federal, state, or local, has the authority to tax or financially burden the exercise of an enumerated right. I was glad to join Congressman Jackson and my House colleagues and fight back against the Far-Left’s attempt at eroding away our God-given right to keep and bear arms.”
amprat

Re: It's Coming

Post by amprat »

Can't imagine even if it made it to Uncle Joe's desk that he would sign it. Seems like business for a different House/Senate and Presidency.

Unless of course they want the optics of doing something positive.
JeffFaldo

Post by JeffFaldo »

Can't imagine even if it made it to Uncle Joe's desk that he would sign it. Seems like business for a different House/Senate and Presidency.

Unless of course they want the optics of doing something positive.
Obviously you live in an alternate universe than most gun owners.
sackett

Post by sackett »

JeffFaldo wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:12 pm
Obviously you live in an alternate universe than most gun owners.
You really think this bill will clear both halls of this current congress and the president would sign it? wow.......
Cort

Post by Cort »

Call me crazy if you will but I believe the DS is positioning for another gun grab scheme. It already began with the false flag shooting in Sacramento. The closer we get to Nov there will be more shootings as the DS tries to push gun control. Will it work, I don't think so, the American people are waking up to the tricks and lies the fake news and politicians are trying to push. Their lies and tactics are desperate actions trying to regain the narrative. They will fail. The Nov election is just one battle in the war against these traitors. The people have forgotten that they hold true power over the government. There are those in the GOP that are as evil as the Dems, McCarthy, Cheney, Romney, Snow, Murkowski, Kinzinger, just to name a few. There is infiltration at state and local levels too that must be addressed. The DS will never give up or admit to their crimes. The people must keep fighting and never stop.
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

clue me in: What is the DS? That's a new one on me in the newspeak of texting spillover.

George
Cort

Post by Cort »

George Babits wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:21 am clue me in: What is the DS? That's a new one on me in the newspeak of texting spillover.

George
Hi George; Deep State (DS)
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

even that is a new one for me so what the heck is deep state? Is that something different from commie or socalist?

George
JeffFaldo

Post by JeffFaldo »

My bad I actually misread what was being said here. Yep nothing promoting protecting gun owners would get anywhere at this time. Sorry for my confusion.
Clayguy

Post by Clayguy »

We are all hoping that come November Americans will vote the leftist Democrats out of office and we'll be "saved" by Republicans. I only hope it's true. The Republican Party is a fractured political party, mainly over support of Trump or dislike of Trump. As a result, the Republicans are not united in political objectives, unlike the leftist Democrats. Recall that the Republicans had a chance to kill Obamacare when Trump was elected President by un-funding it, yet they failed do so even though they were the Congressional majority party. There are other examples.

It appears the elected swamp creatures are alive and well in DC and will bend to which ever direction will get them enough votes to stay in office. Some of the Republicans are no exception. The real problem is we have so few Senators and Congressmen that are supporters of our Constitution, assuming they have even read and understand the Constitution. The current Democrats in office clearly do not view the Constitution as it is written and view it as a "living and changeable" document based on their current political whims. The recent appoint of the new SCOTUS justice is a pretty good example.

I guess if we can just substantially slow the current political momentum, it will be a step in the right direction. I will vote Republican, but I hold no high expectations of the results. I really, really, hope I am proven wrong.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

The deep state is deep in both parties, that’s obvious these past 10 years, if the Republicans do get control again nothing will happen.

An honest to God Revolution, is the only way to fix this mess, if you think otherwise you’re only deluding yourself.

Kenny W.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Here, here, Kenny............
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Anyone hoping a politician or a political party is going to "save America" is a fool.
Cort

Post by Cort »

JonnyV wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:48 pm Anyone hoping a politician or a political party is going to "save America" is a fool.
AMEN BROTHER.
Cort

Post by Cort »

JonnyV wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:48 pm Anyone hoping a politician or a political party is going to "save America" is a fool.
AMEN BROTHER.