Where have all the Target Rifle Matches gone? Or have they?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Don McDowell

Re: Where have all the Target Rifle Matches gone? Or have they?

Post by Don McDowell »

With the plethora of sites, including Del's MTbpcr, here, castbullets, historic shooting, assra, and a double handful of facebook pages, plus the pages of the BPCR news, it's important to remember that if the match director/s clubs etc don't post those matches, then there's not much web pages or magazines can do about putting the dates and location's , format and pertinent info up.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

That is so true Don. I un-volunteered my position at the local club in 2012 (in favor of spending the winter in Phoenix) and I believe I am still shown as a contact because those in charge have not informed BPCN.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Mr. Deadeye Sir, had you considered the possibility that those folks that retain your name as associated with their match are fully cognizant of the fact that you are a huge draw for competitors to their matches? Or am I belaboring the obvious?

And, a real plus to your personna is your spotter.

Can you really blame them?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Zack, I actually think I'm blushing. I hate to burst my own bubble but in fact the matches have not happened for some time now so I don't think there is much currency in leaving my name there. Now there may have been a time . . . . there I go dreaming again.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
dbm

Post by dbm »

I keep a calendar of events for muzzle and breech loading black powder target rifle matches on my web site (not silhouette events - Ian does a good job of promoting them through his facebook group - they do not feature in the UK and I know little about them beyond the basic principles). Being UK based I am likely not aware of many events in the US, but do try to keep information on at least the major events. See - Calendar of Events 2022

David
www.researchpress.uk - www.facebook.com/researchpress
Historical Firearms, long range target shooting and military history