Old Friends

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RK45/70

Old Friends

Post by RK45/70 »

Looking for any info for " Glen Franks ", we shot at Ration together way back in 1992.

Thanks, RK4570-- Richard K.
Where ever I go, There I am!
Kenny Wasserburger

Re: Old Friends

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Glen passed away last year.

Kenny W.

He was a very nice fellow met him in Raton or Pala back in the day.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
OldVarkWSO

Post by OldVarkWSO »

Hi RK and Kenny,

Glenn actually passed on a little over two years ago. He had come to the Ben Avery range to shoot a state lever gun silhouette match, but said he wasn’t feeling well and left to drive home right before it started. He died shortly after he got home.

I met Glenn a few years before at Ben Avery shooting lever gun silhouettes - he was a great guy. We spotted for each other at the state match - I learned a lot from him during the several matches we shot together. I do miss Glenn - he was always upbeat - had lots of stories from his time in the Air Force.

I am sure there are many other people on this forum who knew him as well.

OVW
Tom Trevor

Post by Tom Trevor »

Shot with the whole family for many years here in So. Cal. Glen ,Alden and a ways back their dad.
Raymond Hanson

Post by Raymond Hanson »

In Raton about 1998 Glen befriended my son Jesse who was only about 14 at the time. Jesse had killed a fairly large bull snake down in the parking area at the sil. range. Glen who was very good with snakes showed him how to skin it out and cure it with salt from McDonalds. We used an old board from a pallet to stretch it on. My Son still has the skin to this day. Glen was also very much into knives and got enough of a kick out of Jesse's snake incident that one day in the mai in Alaska he got a Muskrat model Oldtimer knife from Glen. I had some contact with Glen in later years over the value of collectors knives. Glen was a very nice guy with multiple unique talents. Raymond Hanson
RK45/70

Post by RK45/70 »

I would like to thank everyone for their reply's. Glen was a great friend in every way, and I have missed him very much since I move here to Kentucky. We spent several years together shooting, camping, collecting rifles,coins & just being good friends. He has joined his father & brother Alden. Very sad news for me and I am sure many others.

Richard Kennedy.
Where ever I go, There I am!
OldVarkWSO

Post by OldVarkWSO »

Richard -

I didn’t know Glenn very long, but I considered him to be a good friend. Here he is spotting for me at the 2018 Arizona State Lever Gun Silhouette championship. He took me under his wing at a big match the previous fall and asked me to shoot with him the next year. I was a newbie to this sport and Glenn had a lot of good pointers.

There was a roving photographer taking pictures during the match and I am fortunate to to have this image and will always remember Glenn.

Thought I would share.

Don Harvey