Wind Speed Indicators

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Re: Wind Speed Indicators

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Open, Here is a correct windchart.

As you can plainly see for our bullets at 800 yards for every mph of windspeed you need the same correction in MOA. This is at 90° to the shooter and target. This chart works.

I would challenge Paul to reread his referenced article and he will find that he is mistaken it’s 800 yards not 1000 yards, 1 MOA per each mph. He would of course take a picture of this chart or number he is referring too and post it, and prove me wrong

Of course Paul is never wrong, and dislikes it when someone disagrees, with him. Which is obvious now

Kenny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

This is MUCH appreciated, Kenny!
Thank you…
Robert
Beware of the man that owns one rifle.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

You can get that chart from Shiloh.

Kenny
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:24 am You can get that chart from Shiloh.

Kenny
Thanks.👍
Beware of the man that owns one rifle.
SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

Precision shooting in the Schuetzen game requires quick monitoring of wind intensity, direction and direction changes, whether increasing or decreasing etc.
Wind meters mainly give intensity and wind changes too much after reading the gauge to shoot at the proper time which requires split second timing.
With Schuetzen you constantly monitor a wind flag with one eye while aiming with your other eye.
This enables you to obtain split second timing.
Fortunately Schuetzen shooters can set up their own wind flags and get immediate feedback.
Unfortunately in the BPCR Silhouette game flags are not easily seen and you do not get as immediate feedback.
Learning to monitor flag angles, inclination and changes in direction will give you better information on how and when to shoot than a wind intensity meter.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

opencountry wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:40 pm
Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:24 am You can get that chart from Shiloh.

Kenny
Thanks.👍
I have used one of Kenny's charts for many years with my .45-90.
Well worth it :!:
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Should one see dime sized rocks moving up hill consider leaving the windage setting alone and aiming at the target to your windward side.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!