Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

jackrabbit

Greg Connor has left the range

Post by jackrabbit »

Jeanne Ring

Re: Greg Connor has left the range

Post by Jeanne Ring »

Silhouette has not been the same without Greg. He had a great passion for it and worked very hard for the competitors. RIP.
Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher »

I first met Greg in 2014, I found him easy to get along with. He could be quite stern and upfront but he also had a quite dry sense of humour and regaled me with stories of his time down here in Australia. There were folks who didn't like the way he ran silhouette but they seemed to be the type who always came to him with an "I want you to do this..." attitude, that never worked with Greg. I was party to a conversation where he was approached with one such demand, his reply was that if he was to change the rules for every personal request, he might as well throw the rulebook in the trash. "Go and get those 50 odd folks to sign a letter outlining their support for the change and I'll consider it." He told me he never got any letters.
I don't think enough people knew of his extensive background, ability and knowledge of shooting, the link Cody put up is a great insight into the man.
RIP Greg.
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Very sorry to hear that. Brings back a lot of memories as I was on the National High Power Rifle Team for two summer seasons, 85-86. Gunner Conner was running the teams then. Quite a Character. His nickname was Shekles (money).

Never had a bad experience with him and he had certainly earned his spot on the team.

RIP and Semper Fi! Gunner.

Wade