"Q" looking good

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

buffalocannon

Re: "Q" looking good

Post by buffalocannon »

When you hear about a young girl shooting a weenie Jap high wall loaded with manure beating all the Q studs with their race guns, it certainly gives one pause, and a little bit of a chuckle too. I’ll bet that young lady didn’t even index her primers. Maybe the movie “Quigley Down Under” drove us all crazy. Anyway, congrats to that young lady.
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

I have one of those Jap Highwalls and load both GG and DDPP bullets in it. They do shoot VERY well! I get 55.5gr in mine and it will hold the center of the rams....if you watch the wind.

CONGRATS by the way!!! thats a heck of an accomplishment, hopefully she stays with it!
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

buffalocannon wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:49 am When you hear about a young girl shooting a weenie Jap high wall loaded with manure beating all the Q studs with their race guns, it certainly gives one pause, and a little bit of a chuckle too. I’ll bet that young lady didn’t even index her primers. Maybe the movie “Quigley Down Under” drove us all crazy. Anyway, congrats to that young lady.
Well certainly congratulations are in order for Danica!

But a serious question: What are the "race guns" that you speak of? I am not familiar with them.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I shot my first "Q" this past weekend. I have no idea what you think was one the line, but "race" guns were not present. That little girl beat me fair and square as did Dave Gullo beat her. Congrats to both and to the spotter/coach who helped them.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and expect to return next year.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Set the hook did they Woody?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
semtav

Post by semtav »

May have added a little incentive that will get DD to the shoot next year. More to come if it gets finalized.
Shady_Lane

Post by Shady_Lane »

New member here. Hello.

I saw Danica shoot and was very impressed. Not only did she kick butt on the range, but she did it while wearing a dress and a bonnet. She’s a dynamo.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

👍👍 Nicely done Danica! Wish I had been there to see your accomplishment.
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Meant no disrespect with my comments. At my age I don’t shoot enough to comment on anything. I envy that young lady. Being able to shoot like that against the big dogs. A “race gun” to me is anything that gives you an advantage over the Sharps of the olden days. I’m still shooting a grease groove bullet with open sights. I still use Goex FFg powder. Swiss? Give me a break. I don’t even use the fancy Goex stuff. Cartridge powder is for sissies. I’m stuck back there in a time warp, 1999. Remember those old days? Scopes? Paper patch bullets? What the hell? I started this business reading Steve Garbe. Kenny was a hero of mine. Now he’s wiping, using a wad stack, shooting a scope, what next? Oh well, just getting old I guess? Truth be known, I still shoot one match a couple of times per year - 700, 800, 900, 1000 yards - using 525-grain bullets with iron sights. Enjoy the shit out of it. Shooting with other old farts like me. Main thing is, for the time being we’re still able to pull the trigger, no matter what it is! Keep shooting boys, whatever it is! Sure like to meet that young lady one day. Quite a markman - markswoman! Gosh, I still use SPG lube. I don’t think Garbe even owns that anymore? Keep your eye on that Joe Biden. I don’t think he has much of a sense of humor.
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

buffalocannon wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:49 am I’ll bet that young lady didn’t even index her primers.
Actually, that right there is the difference :wink:
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

Does anyone know the bullet Danica used
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

Does anyone know the bullet Danica used