Order times….

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Silver Eagle

Order times….

Post by Silver Eagle »

I place my order for my second Shiloh on 17-June-2021.
I emailed Lucinda asking for a status update, not quite exactly a year latter.
I was told 22 to 24 months, and that they HAVE NOT started on the 2021 orders yet….

I thought I should post this in case anyone else had a similar question…
Cort

Re: Order times….

Post by Cort »

Yep, that's why I went to Bill Goodman for my second rifle, just under 13 months from my down payment.
Silver Eagle

Post by Silver Eagle »

I have now learned of this service….
Unfortunately it was AFTER I placed my order directly thru Shiloh.
The good part is that it’s my second Shiloh, I still have my first one to shoot…
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Just wondering how is bill Goodman able to get them so quick.
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Bill has several, perhaps a half dozen or more on order at all times. He can change the configuration any time right up until the order hits the shop floor which is several months to perhaps a year until completion depending on the complexity of the configuration. That's how he does it. I've gotten two thru Bill, one on the used market and one direct from Shiloh.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

One Bill Goodman gun,with his help selected the best bang for the buck options, semi fancy wood,brass escutcheons ,accent line,received a rifle with fancy wood ,superbly crafted. At the same time I ordered one from Shiloh with the only option was a steel butt plate . 32’ half round in 40-70 SS, I received that rifle in 18 mos.
Now a 1877 32” round barrel, Cecil Fredi English Walnut wood,rifle went into production last August after 5 years waiting . No. 4 on order a few mos. ago 1874 Military Carbine 24” round barrel , pack hardened ,patch box chambered for 40-50 SBN. We will see how long before this one shows up .
I’m of the mind that it’s imperative that I get every configuration that I desire of a Shiloh Sharps rifle while Kirk, Lucinda and the crew that has been putting out the best Sharps rifle ever done by anyone and their going to retire someday and things will change.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Graybeard wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:13 pm Just wondering how is bill Goodman able to get them so quick.
Bill Goodman doesn't get them any quicker than anyone else. The rifle you buy from Bill has allready been ordered and deposit paid. When you buy that order slot from Bill BEFORE production the every detail can be changed or you can get it as he spec'd it. His fee is the blue sky you pay for that rifles allready place in the order of production. Back in the early 90's after "Quigley Downunder" came out the wait times stretched to 4.5 to 5 years. Back then you had all sorts of people selling their place in line for up to $1500 premium for a shorter wait time. Shiloh has allways built the guns in the order that they received it they don't make acceptions to how important you think you are. All of the guns Bill gets take 22-24 months to make just like anyone who gets on the phone right now. Bobw
bobw
Luke

Post by Luke »

Yep, Bill "rents" order slots, then sells them to you. I think he does near 20 at a time. It's a great service to the community.

(I've got a December 2020 order for a carbine in, under a year to go! ((I hope!))
Limber Up!
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

My first one without Bill was 18 months, my last one using Bill was 8 months and tha was with the covid shut down. Best money I ever spent
namsag

Post by namsag »

I just got the call from Bill this past Monday! Ordered it middle of last March, should get it next week, can't wait. It is nothing extravagant, Sporter #1 .45-70 with MVA mid-range sights.
Silver Eagle

Post by Silver Eagle »

Still waiting…. 24 months came and went, now at 26 and counting with no letter yet….
The mail man is starting to worry about me looking out the front window as he delivers the mail…
bohemianway

Post by bohemianway »

Same here, got my letter end of March 2023 on an order from the end of March 2021 with 28" heavy oct. still no call for shipping (4 months). Unfortunately it is some time even from the letter to the shipment.

Charles
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

Yup! Mr. Goodman is definitely the way to go if you have an impatient streak like I do. Bought two from him - very satisfied.
bohemianway

Post by bohemianway »

I am taking a different tactic by putting in orders myself (one per year starting in 2021) and avoid the $200 Goodman fee since we all know once you get the sickness you will keep on thinking of some special configuration you cannot live without.
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

True - I lie to myself all the time and say, “This is the last one I need, I’m set for life on Shiloh rifles”. Hahaha!