Wiping

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

PacRATT

Wiping

Post by PacRATT »

How do you wipe when using sitting or standing cross sticks in a silhoette match?
Tomklinger

Re: Wiping

Post by Tomklinger »

You could put the rifle in a horizontal stand next to you at a comfortable height for cleaning….
Tom
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

sitting, I turn to the side as to keep the muzzle down range, and rest it on my lap. Standing, make a stand to hold your rifle, youll be happy you did! it also allows you set the rifle down for a min :D

When sitting im, I use a stool....thought Id mention that.

matt
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
PacRATT

Post by PacRATT »

Thank you for your advice.
My shooting partner can no longer shoot prone. He’s going to try sitting at an upcoming match.
Both he and his rifle like wiping. We’re trying to find a safe and effective way for him to do this.
Roger
kwilliams

Post by kwilliams »

The "best" easiest way to wipe while sitting and using cross sticks is to mount a crutch to the lower stick leg. Rest the muzzle on it and swab away. A slightly low position allows the juice to run out muzzle. A tub in front of the sticks catches the bore pigs and patches.
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

I know you wanted to know about wiping. Without out it, I can chamber two rounds freely and sometimes a third. Using a blow tube though let’s me fire as as many rounds as I want without chambering problems. Much easier than trying wipe on sticks or your lap.
Geologist

Post by Geologist »

2Siting.jpg
I have been sitting and wiping since 2007. Note the wiping rod and range box. Left handed -- rest the rifle in the cross sticks and hold with the right hand; grab the patch with the left hand and place it in the breech; then grab the rod and wipe; then swab the chamber; grab the cartridge and seat it; then shoulder the rifle with the right hand and your ready to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PacRATT

Post by PacRATT »

Castaway, I can still shoot prone and prefer to blow tube. I do keep a chamber swab and camming tool in my line box on hot days.
My friend Ed K. Had his neck fused and can no longer shoot prone but with his PJ “Money” bullet has found wiping works best.
Ed is no long concerned with his score. He just wants to shoot safely and have fun.

Geologist, Thanks for the photo and advice. I’ll pass in on.
Kwilliams, I think I do that to his x-sticks. Thanks
Roger
kwilliams

Post by kwilliams »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dgunner

Post by Dgunner »

Thanks for this photo !!!
D-Gunner