MLAIC World Championships Hungary August 2022

Do you have a shoot or special event coming up soon? Tell us here.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

MLAIC World Championships Hungary August 2022

Post by desert deuce » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:42 am

Copied below is an email from U.S. International Muzzle Loader Team Captain Lee Shaver.

I am posting the letter here because I know several Cartridge Rifle Shooters that also shoot Long Range with muzzle loaders.
Those of you that have competed under the American Flag in International Competition and heard the National Anthem played concurrently know what an humbling moment it is when you post a win for America.

While it is true the Muzzle Loaders have recently posited that their rifles are just as accurate as cartridge rifles and just as competitive in competition if shot under the same rules in competition. I have picked up that gauntlet and the matter is to be decided at the Desert International Black Powder Target Rifle Match at Phoenix March 23-31, 2022, IF,the muzzle loader shooters show up after I have called their boast.

Regardless, it is a perfect opportunity for anyone sighting in on Hungary 2022 to meet and shoot with Team Captain Shaver and further develop their skills at reading conditions.

Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 8:48 AM
Subject: USA long range muzzle loading team to Hungary 2022

Dear friends,

As you may or may not know, I have been appointed as captain for the USIMLT long range international muzzleloading team this year.

As captain it is my job to organize and oversee the team for the upcoming world championships which are to be held next year in Hungary.

When I accepted this job as team captain it did not come with a long list of email addresses of interested parties. I have been loaned a couple of email lists that I have cherry picked names from that I thought might have some interest in shooting international style long range muzzleloading.

If you have an interest in the sport and would like to receive emails about the team, then please respond with a very brief note and I'll save your email address for future team emails. If you have no interest and do not respond I will of course remove you from the email list. I certainly don't want to be the one filling everyone's email full of unwanted emails, so future emails will be going only to those who wish to receive them.

Likewise if you know of someone that might be interested that does not receive this email you are welcome to share it with them, or have them drop me a note asking to be placed on the mailing list.

I have not been reaching out to very many shooters as of yet, because till just recently we did not know if the match scheduled for 2022 was going to take place or not. It has already been postponed once due to the pandemic, and associated travel restrictions.

There were and are some other challenges with the match that I will get into briefly. The match was originally to take place this year, but thanks to Covid the whole world got postponed for a while.

Hungary volunteered to host this world championships, but there are no ranges with pull type targets in most of Europe. Hungary has been working on the idea of using camera systems to score targets, and had plans to test it a year ago, but then the pandemic caused problems for that. The borders were closed.

The Hungarian committee has procured some American camera systems called Long Shot 3 camera systems. These things work up to 2 miles away and have high definition cameras with 8x digital zoom.

Here is a link to the systems web site.
https://www.longshotcameras.com/products/longshot-lr-3

Well respected shooters from Germany, Switzerland, France and others have recently concluded a several day test in Hungary with this system and after four days and approximately 250 shots fired, they concluded that the camera system is satisfactory at all distances.

Thanks to the success of this test weekend, they are now ready to announce that the match will indeed be held in 2022. The dates will be August 1 thru7 of August, 2022.

There are some details yet to be worked out, so the official invitation has not yet been sent out, but it should be by the end of the year or shortly after.

The important thing is that the match is now a definite thing, The date is set, and plans can begin.

For those that need to purchase tickets early, there is only one international airport in Hungary, and that is in Budapest.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer what I can.

Once I have a reasonably accurate mailing list I will send out an email bringing everyone up to speed as to what has been going on recently in the LR muzzle loading arena. There have been some rules changes, and etc.

Thanks very much,

Lee Shaver
USIMLT Long Range Captain
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!