Ordering sights

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Williamsmattc

Ordering sights

Post by Williamsmattc »

So I was told I need to order my sights separately from MVA. Is this something new? Do I get them and ship them in, or does MVA just send them to Big Timber?
parkergunz

Re: Ordering sights

Post by parkergunz »

Decide what sights you want and call MVA. Purchase and have them shipped directly to Shiloh Rifle with your order number. It's pretty easy.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

parkergunz wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:02 am Decide what sights you want and call MVA. Purchase and have them shipped directly to Shiloh Rifle with your order number. It's pretty easy.
Yup :wink:
G.
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Shiloh shows MVA sights in their catalog. While on the phone with Lucinda last week about my '77 I asked her to put an MVA 113 on the front of it and she said OK. She said nothing about having to go buy it and have it shipped to them. I think they keep a lot of MVA sights in stock. It says in their catalog if you send them sights they charge $20 to mount them.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

When I placed the order, I was asked what sights I wanted, and after some discussion, I made my selection and was given the price for them. When I called a couple days ago and asked about paying off the balance on the rifle, I was told that I had a credit of nearly $300! I was surprised and said I thought I still owed them money. She did a price break down for me and it didn’t include anything for sights. I asked about it was told I have to get my own, they don’t supply sights.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

MVA is way behind on sights, so when a order is placed we just have the individual order from MVA. It's easier for them to keep track of there backorder
situation than us. I have a hard enough time keeping ours straight. When MVA gets a little ahead I keep a few on hand, such as John Bly's #113.
So in order to better keep things straight, they send me the sights with your name on the box and then it's for sure here when the gun is finished.

Kirk,