Honest eta for first 100 1877's

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

cjensen

Honest eta for first 100 1877's

Post by cjensen »

Is there an honest eta for the first 100 1877's? I was seriously mislead by my last order (1863) and was wondering if there is a better estimate of the 1877 delivery besides the long overdue time Bill Goodman gave me when I ordered one in 2014 with a 3-6 month delivery. Bill I believe is being strung along with the recast of us. If it's going to be ten Years, then tell us it
'S going to be ten years. Don't tell me when I call it's going to be 3 months, when you are really looking at 2 years. Please man up about this. As the owner of four Shilohs and an 1877 on order I think I deserve a straight answer. Let alone send me a catalog.
msuttonrn

Re: Honest eta for first 100 1877's

Post by msuttonrn »

I have had an 1877 on order since January, 2014 as well, however they never told me 3-6 month delivery. In fact I was told 18 months to 2 years. When you actually talk to them, they provide honest feedback on where they are with the parts. I suspect its no easy task getting each and every part to the quality specifications that you would expect from a Shiloh product. I just spoke to them about 2-3 weeks ago about another project, and they were working on the final part.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Cjensen I think you are out a line. Don't even confuse what Bill Goodman promises you with what Shiloh says. bobw
bobw
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

The line I use on my customers is "Did you want it fast, or did you want it right?" If fast is more important than quality, go somewhere else. There are always unknown things that come up when starting a project. Shiloh is obviously not satisfied with the product yet, otherwise you would have it. The one thing that is absolutely positive for sure is that when you get your 77, it will be beautiful and perfect. I don't think it is cool to get on the forum and rag on them either. If you have a problem, call up there and talk to them. If you are still not happy, go buy a Pedersoli. You can pay the money and walk out the door with it right now.
just my two cents, Cody
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

if one can post compliments on this forum, then why not complaints? art ruggiero still waiting for a 77
cjensen

Post by cjensen »

Call Shiloh, I did that with my last rifle. Verified it was "ON THE FLOOR" should be done in about 4 months. That was August. Cool should be here by Christmas, nope. Cool should be here by my birthday in Feb., nope, cool should be here for spring, summer,fall shooting, nope, cool should be here by Christmas, nope wrong again. 4 months turned into 19. So calling Shiloh has not worked for me. Your mileage may vary. Is asking for an ETA outa line. I don't see why. I had to leave work on disability and start taking Aricept for dementia. My clock is ticking and if the rate of production is say 2 rifles per month I can hang it up now. Is the rate 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 rifles per month? I'm probably not the only one here that would like a better idea than it will get there when it gets there and if you don't like take a hike. If anyone wants my spot in line it's up for transfer. My clock is ticking and I don't have time for an unknown wait time.
cjensen

Post by cjensen »

It would be nice to get my 1877 before Hillary becomes POTUS and shuts this whole thing down. Just sayin, poop occurs.