Please bring me up to speed.....

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Mossyrock

Please bring me up to speed.....

Post by Mossyrock »

I have been out of the Shiloh Sharps game for a number of years, but I am starting to get that itch again.... What is the current turn-around time on orders? I am looking at a round-barreled rifle, if that matters. How much do you require for a deposit these days? Thanks!

Mossyrock
neckshot johnny

Re: Please bring me up to speed.....

Post by neckshot johnny »

I believe $250 for the deposit, and you would need to call for the planned run for the barrel you want, standard or heavy, round.
A person who is willing to give up a freedom for perceived security deserves neither.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Bill Goodman is great to deal with.
http://www.shiloh-ballard.com/shiloh_sh ... r_sale.htm

Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

I just received a letter today for an order placed Jun 1/2015. The length of time it takes to build after getting the letter depends on the options chosen.

Chris.
johnl

Post by johnl »

gunlaker wrote:I just received a letter today for an order placed Jun 1/2015. The length of time it takes to build after getting the letter depends on the options chosen.

Chris.

Hey Chris, whatcha gettin :lol:
Mossyrock

Post by Mossyrock »

gunlaker wrote:I just received a letter today for an order placed Jun 1/2015. The length of time it takes to build after getting the letter depends on the options chosen.

Chris.
Good info. Thanks.
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

johnl wrote:

Chris.

A new midrange, and a new Creedmoor rifle. Both Long range express, one in .40-65 and one in .45-90. I've been using a #3 in .40-65 which is working very well, but I think I might be able to pick up a few points with the LRE stock. It'll also have the 1:14 twist.

I'm more or less going with Shiloh for my competition rifles and selling off some others. There are a few exceptions, like my rifles with Dan's chambers in them, but that's the basic idea.

Chris.
johnl

Post by johnl »

gunlaker wrote:
johnl wrote:

Chris.

A new midrange, and a new Creedmoor rifle. Both Long range express, one in .40-65 and one in .45-90. I've been using a #3 in .40-65 which is working very well, but I think I might be able to pick up a few points with the LRE stock. It'll also have the 1:14 twist.

I'm more or less going with Shiloh for my competition rifles and selling off some others. There are a few exceptions, like my rifles with Dan's chambers in them, but that's the basic idea.

Chris.

Chris you must have an understanding wife :lol: BTW I'm on the hunt for a nice single shot .22lr. Hopefully I can make the trek to Cody, Little Big Horn etc in the spring with a stop at Shiloh on the way there and probably a stop down the street too. Note to self, call and make sure Kirk and the display aren't away at a show like last time :roll:
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

I do have an understanding wife :-). I've been using a Crossno liner rather than a dedicated .22 for practice. It has shot some pretty excellent 100m targets with RWS R50 or Lapua CenterX so its plenty good for perfecting your hold and position. That's all I use it for, no competition. I also sometimes shoot a CPA that I have a .22 barrel for. It's definitely better than the Crossno and will work with cheaper SK Plus, but then the rifle cost a lot more than the liner :-)

Chris.
johnl

Post by johnl »

Sound advice Chris, I'll order a liner for now, that will give me time to look for a fine .22 :wink: Best of seasons.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Long Range expresses?

Hummm..

Musta been a bad influence on ya Chris,

Kenny.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Well probably Kenny :-).

I've actually got two of them already, but I think they are an excellent choice. I have been shooting my #3 with the add on pistol grip for midrange, and silhouette. I like that stock for offhand, but the LRE is definitely better for prone.

The first Shiloh I ever bought was a used LRE in .45-70 with a standard weight .45-70 barrel. It's really close to as accurate as the .40-65. I'm hoping the new rifles will be right there with them.

My other LRE is one that you'd like. I got it from the estate of an excellent friend who passed away. He was the man behind much of the BPCR shooting up here in B.C. He'd have loved to come shoot long range with you guys. I'm going to probably use it in the Money Match next year, he'd have got a kick out of that. It's an interesting rifle with a heavy 31" Ron Smith 1:16 barrel and Dan's .45-100 PP chamber. The barrel profile is heavier than the Shiloh heavy barrel, probably close to the Shiloh 14 lb profile, so not quite Tollofson heavy.

I hope you and the rest of the Wyoming guys are having an excellent Christmas.

Chris.