Build Time

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Steve Sudbeck

Build Time

Post by Steve Sudbeck »

As I understand the ordering process for an 1874, their are two major components of waiting; waiting on the order list to start the build (I would guess this consumes the most time) and the actual time required to build a rifle. Once your order # makes it to the top of the waiting list and your rifle is started, how long does it take for the “average rifle” to be completed (sans engraving)? Thank you.
MSalyards

Re: Build Time

Post by MSalyards »

Was 18 months to 2 years, If you go thru Bill Goodman its around 6 months plus or minus. He can tell you. My last one took 7 1/2 months with the covid shut down. Best $200.00 I ever spent.
Chris_stanworth

Post by Chris_stanworth »

I placed my order in April 2019 and it went into production in mid March of this year. I am still waiting for it to be finished. (Sorry, not sure if that is much help.)
bobw

Post by bobw »

Well you know it will be done when it's done. Depending on what you ordered some options take longer to complete. If it's any consolation everyone chomps at the bit at the end. Bobw
bobw
OneLegGuy

Post by OneLegGuy »

I ordered my rifle through Bill. I just got the call the other day that its finished. Took a little more than 10 months. Hopefully I will have it in my hands soon.
BML

Post by BML »

Guess I should’ve gone through Bill Goodman! I am at 3 years 1 month and a few days….hopefully I’ll have my rifle soon.
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

Four years 2 mos. for a 1877 with no indication of when it might be built, it is the nature of the best Sharps rifles made by anyone at any time. I did do my first Shiloh through Mr. Goodman and it came with a nice surprise. Ordered regular grade of wood and got semi fancy both in the stock and forend.