Is ok to ask for a peek of the wood as it goes into production?

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Dano Dog

Is ok to ask for a peek of the wood as it goes into production?

Post by Dano Dog »

I paid for extra-fancy, AAA finish and hand select for tiger stripe. The rifle is an 1874 # 3 sporter. I am sure I will be thrilled with their selection, but I must admit that I am curious to what the stock and forend will look like. I know Shiloh is very busy. Is a request for a photo inappropriate? This is my first rifle and I am simply curious. I don’t see myself asking for different wood. I guess waiting a couple of years has my imagination running wild. 😂

Thanks in advance!

Dano
NRA Patron Life Member
Randy Bohannon

Re: Is ok to ask for a peek of the wood as it goes into production?

Post by Randy Bohannon »

https://shilohrifle.com/forums/viewtopi ... =4&t=28538

This thread has most of the info you are seeking,it’s the thread just below this one. Pretty much to hand select requires your presence and $50.00 as I understand it. I let Shiloh select my first rifle with semi-fancy and received a rifle with fancy so it’s the luck of the draw to a degree I suspect. I don’t think you will be disappointed with whatever Shiloh selects, it won’t be less than you expect.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Check your messages, I sent you one over a week ago!!!!
Dano Dog

Post by Dano Dog »

Kirk wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:33 am Check your messages, I sent you one over a week ago!!!!
Sorry for missing that. I don't usually get many messages so I don't check. I will certainly look for them in the future. :D I sent my cell phone number and my order number to you. Thanks again for the assistance. I wasn't expecting you to reach out to me, since you are all very busy.

Dan
NRA Patron Life Member
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

XX fancy two years ago. $450 upgrade.... wrist is strong and the figure is all in the main section. Sharps did it this way too back in the day.
It actually shows better in the sunlight. deep opalescent figure. I got the oil finished stock and finished it myself.
I'm happy. Ken
IMG_2734 - Copy (3).JPG
IMG_2737 (1).JPG
IMG_2739.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dano Dog

Post by Dano Dog »

That is beautiful. Thank you for posting the photos.
NRA Patron Life Member