What is the New Olde Eynsford Powder

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Lumpy Grits

Re: What is the New Olde Eynsford Powder

Post by Lumpy Grits »

JB, good to see your up and running again, after the beat'n 'Sandy' gave you.
Wish you the best :!:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
shovel80

Post by shovel80 »

John Boy, Do you work for Goex??..I'm curious how you know so much about a product that isn't out yet??

Thanks Terry :?:
Yellowhouse

Post by Yellowhouse »

I didn't know JB! Am truly sorry to hear you lost so many personal items but am glad you're still with us in mostly one piece.
Sam
Denali

Post by Denali »

You would think with all the constipation/colon cleanse medication out there they would get smart and use the wood they strip the bark from as charcoal for Goex!
Denali

Post by Denali »

Loose Stools and Tight Groups. (Cascara Buckthorn)
Denali

Post by Denali »

JB

Sorry for your personal losses! Thanks for sharing your technical data. I find it interesting!
C.L. Hiatt II

Post by C.L. Hiatt II »

Received this reply from Powder Inc. on question concerning "Olde Eynsford Powder:

Yes, there is suppose to be a new powder. Goex had another explosion this month and Olde Eynsford has been delayed another month.

Jerry

Powder inc.

In case you are interested.
"It is better to die a free man, weapon in hand, than to live life as a coward and a slave"
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Bet it is longer then a month!

They fired all the people that knew how to make good powder. Do not hold your breath!

KW
THe lunger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
boge

Post by boge »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote:Bet it is longer then a month!...

This + minimum 5 more months, IMO. I bet Hogdon's is cursing the day they bought the mill as so far it has been nothing but a money pit for them. Get ready to be gouged. :wink:
If you live in a country where you can be arrested for fishing without a license, but not for entering that country illegally....then it's safe to say that country is run by IDIOTS!
boge

Post by boge »

John Boy wrote:...Kenny, I would change the words - 'Have been gouged' ... Goex Reenactor which is nothing more than floor sweepings and not even a Sporting Powder - it just smokes (from a reliable source)...

Actually, it was I who said "gouged", to set the record straight. :wink:

I've never shot their Reenactor BP but I have shot some of their Cowboy. I still have some cans of Express in Fg & FFg, however I going to hang onto those. I really liked it.
If you live in a country where you can be arrested for fishing without a license, but not for entering that country illegally....then it's safe to say that country is run by IDIOTS!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Does anyone know why EXPRESS was discontinued ? :?:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
C.L. Hiatt II

Post by C.L. Hiatt II »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote:Bet it is longer then a month!

They fired all the people that knew how to make good powder. Do not hold your breath!
KW
THe lunger
Kinda like AMF did to Harley Davidson when they took over. "Bout killed Harley, but when the employees bought out AMF & hired back some of the "old guys" result = AMF is gone & Harley is bigger than ever (not necessarily better, new blockheads dont have the class of knuckles & pans). :)
"It is better to die a free man, weapon in hand, than to live life as a coward and a slave"
shovel80

Post by shovel80 »

[quote]Kinda like AMF did to Harley Davidson when they took over. "Bout killed Harley, but when the employees bought out AMF & hired back some of the "old guys" result = AMF is gone & Harley is bigger than ever (not necessarily better, new blockheads dont have the class of knuckles & pans).

Actually, AMF Saved Harley Davidson!....Harley was about to go out of business!....AMF with lots of irons in the fire, let the Quality Control go to Hell!,...and then, like you said, The employees bought the company from AMF....And turned it back into a First Class Company!

Terry :D
XTR

Post by XTR »

I don't think HD would have ever been able to be the success they are today selling shovelheads. With the introduction of the Evo they went from a motor that needed major work at least every 30K to a 100K+ motor, and nostalgia is really cool until you are sitting on the side if a deserted road in the middle of nowhere. I do love my '02 FXDWG, but this thread isn't about The Motor Company.
shovel80

Post by shovel80 »

[quote]

this thread isn't about The Motor Company.

You are Correct!,,,Just had to throw that out there!!

Terry :D