Olde Eynsford Test of 1.5

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Olde Eynsford Test of 1.5

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Gillette gun club 200 yards
45-110 Shiloh rebarreled 2005 KW .480 chamber
Bullet: 539 gr BACO KW .446 money 1-16 alloy, 8# Seth Cole paper, wet patched hot plate dried .750 up the shank.
104.4 grs 1-1/2 Olde Eynsford compressed ,385-.395
3 wads 060 veg, 060 poly, 1/8 inch felt
Temp 61 humidity 26% wind NNE 6 mph
Fouling control: Rhoades rod 2 damp 2.5 pro-shot patches 2 dry 2.5 pro-shot.
4 shots into .867 inch, shot 5 I pulled open Group to 1.558 inches.

I think this stuff will shoot :shock:

Had too come down 2 Moa from standard express zero for 200 yards.

KW
The Lunger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
DAVE ROELLE

Re: Olde Eynsford Test of 1.5

Post by DAVE ROELLE »

Very nice shooting sir----------------THANKS for the load data

Dave
your never lost, if ya don't care where ya are
DAVE ROELLE

Post by DAVE ROELLE »

Very nice shooting sir----------------THANKS for the load data

Dave
your never lost, if ya don't care where ya are
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

Very nice shooting Kenny,

I want to pick your brain for just a minute. What do you think caused your flyer? There are a lot of theories on this, but I wanted to see what you think caused this...

Robert
Beware of the man that owns one rifle.
Kenny Wasserburger

Shot 5 was no flyer.

I got a little horsey on the trigger, as it says in my comment above, I pulled it, called it even in recoil. 25 years ago we smoked the front sight and then took a #2 pencil put a mark across the back of the front sight of the M14, if you could see it when you broke the shot your focus was perfect and you were able too call your shots with precision, if not then you would be off call, and could not call your shots with anything approaching accuracy.

I keep reading about folks having trouble with seeing the MVA crosshairs, and dots, :? this group was shot with a 23 inch scope with Creedmoor mount and the center dot. :shock: I adjust paralex at every yard line. If you don't well, maybe that's why I Have 2 of them 5@200 plaques in scope over 40 caliber. :wink:

What those comments tell me, they have no frigging idea how too adjust the paralex in their scope. I knew I had pulled the shot as it was going off, it was sharp and crystal clear. :shock:

KW
The Lunger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

Kenny,
Sorry I missed your call yesterday but the cell service at the house sucks.
More positive stuff about Old Eynsford.
I was impressed with your test here during the Creedmoor and this target is also impressive.
To add to that, Chip won my silhouette match last weekend shooting 2F Old Eynsford in his 40-65.
He had to drop 2 minutes at 200 yards from his Swiss setting and shot a 32 for the win with 4 chickens.
He had some excellent spotting (LOL) and we only missed 1 ram and 1 turkey.
We attributed the misses to changing light conditions as one slipped over the back and the other went just under the belly.
This dog will hunt!!!
Steve R.
AZ.
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB
Kenny Wasserburger

Steve,

I think your right, and Chip's zero mirror my findings. Jimbo is picking up 2 cases one more for me and one for him.

Don McDowell kept telling me about it so I tipped over.

Chip's results and the excellent spotter, give a lot of credence too this stuff. A multi-national mid-range champion will make anyone set up and take notice.

KW

RMulhern

Post by RMulhern »

Good shooting Kenny!

Reference your comment about the M14; many people can't call their shots because at shot break they're looking at the friggin target instead of being focused on the front sight or at the intersection of the cross-wires if shooting scope!! :( :cry:
There is no freedom without.......GUN POWDER!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Kenny long live those 7 mildot recticles. Absolutely great for target shooting.

Kurt and I tested that stuff till we were both blue in the face last year. I think Kurt went thru 3 cases , I only managed a bit over 1.Some folks reported stellar improovements in minor dabs of testing. But the velocity recorded , the accuracy potential it exhibits, plus the easy to deal with fouling even in hot dry weather, Goex/Hogdons came up with a powder folks have been pining for for years.
I thought last year and continue to believe if good match shooters get started on this stuff, there's some potential for new records to be set. I'm looking forward to seeing who can do what with it this year. :wink:

I don't know if it's going to hold up or not, but in 100 or so rounds in the last couple of weeks testing my new Brooks patched bullet, Remington large rifle primers have shown to tighten things up even over br-2's.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

I have been shooting 100 brains and the 110 with pretty good results but I would like to try your hundred and four as it looks more consistantly. than mine.
I do have a couple questions I would like to ask.
number one did you drop tube before you you compressed ?
number two what is your bullet seating depth in the case? Is it still .4?
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Kenny Wasserburger

Dean,

I would be glad too share that, yes I drop tube the powder, then compress. With the change to a felt wad it's more like .340 or so in the case. Jimbo and Don both use a felt wad so last year I tried it instead of my cork. I am a firm believer in a multi-wad stack in the 2-7/8ths. Recovered bullets at 1000 yards AND the mile target were some real eye openers, pristine bullet bases and upset too the top of the patch with 16-1 alloy proved all I needed to know. I posted these results here and Don is welcome too share it on his forum.

KW

Kenny Wasserburger

Don,

When JC and I worked out the 7 dot reticle, I wanted that center dot for just that reason, I adjust my paralex until I can hold off the center dot and see the X at even 1000 yards makes for about a perfect 1 MOA.

JC got a lot of requests for the center less reticle so it came to be. :?
Brother SPG uses it too. :shock:

For Silhouette I put the center dot in the ram and pig front armpit, for chickens and turkeys the bird clutches the ball.

KW

powderburner

Post by powderburner »

Thanks ,
I firmly believe in the wad stack .got the 110 bases Pristine. now am playing with the 40-50.recovered some of them thee other day and they were caveing in on the base .the wad stack needs work on that one yet.
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Kenny Wasserburger

Rick,

So very true, I focus on that center dot, adjust paralex until it's sharp.

Steve Baldwin will recognize this picture: 1992 Camp Perry, I was shooting with US Navy team members, Master Chief Don Dobber had just finished my rifle.

5th place member's Trophy match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

Kenny:

"What those comments tell me, they have no frigging idea how too adjust the paralex in their scope"

Wait until you get cataracts like the rest of us. Paralax adjustment does not help.

Dave