Harris Spring Match

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Old-Win

Harris Spring Match

Post by Old-Win »

With the help of Ray Hanson, two Norwegian muzzle loader shooters were welcomed to the Harris, MN Rifle and Revolver club 1000 yd match this past weekend. They were here to get some 1000 yd practice for the Hungarian cup and following World Match. There were 3 practice days that they and a few others partook in and were then given a fine display of MN spring weather. For two nights, severe storms came through with fantastic lightning displays, damaging winds, hail and a few isolated tornadoes. The storms finally cleared on Friday but shooters were left with strong, 20-30 mph winds for the next 3 days. Harris is not a friendly range when it comes to shooting in the wind as it’s very difficult to get any reading on what is actually happening. The scores definitely showed that. By Sunday, a few shooters started getting things figured out and were able to move to the top. Age definitely reared its ugly head with some of us as many shooters were complaining of aches and pains and having a tough time seeing the targets in the morning light. We had 17 shooters start the match including shooters from Michigan and Kentucky as well as Norway
Thanks to our Match Director and Coordinator, Dave Newell, for supplying the lunches during the day.
Top 3 shooters:
Ray Hanson middle
Jim Ruch left
Henning Langness right
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raymond Hanson

Re: Harris Spring Match

Post by Raymond Hanson »

A fine time was had by all! After 10 days together every one was still speaking when I dropped Henning and Dagfin off at the Fargo ND airport. Several shooters took advantage of the friendly hospitality of the GRRC in Harris. Delicious lunches every day on a beautiful 1000 yard range for 5 days in a row is as they say "priceless". Great match. Well run. Thanks to all involved but in particular Dave Newell and Mike Tysien.
Raymond Hanson

Re: Harris Spring Match

Post by Raymond Hanson »

A fine time was had by all! After 10 days together every one was still speaking when I dropped Henning and Dagfin off at the Fargo ND airport. Several shooters took advantage of the friendly hospitality of the GRRC in Harris. Delicious lunches every day on a beautiful 1000 yard range for 5 days in a row is as they say "priceless". Great match. Well run. Thanks to all involved but in particular Dave Newell and Mike Tysien.