Extractor problem

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

McLintock

Extractor problem

Post by McLintock »

My uncle has a Shiloh #1 Sporting Rifle in 45-70 that, I think, was made in the early 90's. It was bought used by a relative and given to my uncle, so don't really know the history of it. Last year it stopped extracting black powder loaded shells but would still extract smokeless loads. I took the breechblock out and found that the extractor had a lot of sideplay in it and was evidently slipping off the BP loads but not smokeless, for whatever reason. I have an assortment of shim stock and made a small .006" shim to go between the receiver and extractor, which took the sideways slop out of it. It now extracts OK, but do you sell new extractors that I could put in or does it have to be sent in for a proper repair? I have a lot of my own gunsmithing tools and do routine stuff, but not in it for a business, just retired and have lots of time. Don't have a Shiloh myself, just a Browning BPCR, but maybe one of these days; I keep hoping and saving. Thanks,
McLintock
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi, what you need to do is send me the old extractor and specify cal. and I will try to get you fixed up again, not really sure what is happening, brass is brass. Thanks Kirk
McLintock

Post by McLintock »

Thanks Kirk, I'll see him next week, get the extractor and send it in.
McLintock