Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

captain calls clara

Post by captain calls clara »

Hello there! Husband is buying a Shiloh Sharps so I thought I better get on here and educate myself!
If I missed the first time it was ONLY because I wanted to... Don't make me shoot again.
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

and didnt he buy you one also?durned titewad.
well when it gets here you can just claim it for yourself .
welcome aboard...............Dean
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Capt. Call

Post by Capt. Call »

OOooo No---What the hell did you go and do now woman! Oh well if you are going to shoot me it might as well be with the New gun. Good thing I went with the 45-110---won't suffer long!-----------And what the hell is that Chicken Picture Thang!-----I don't know guys but I think she must have bin listening to the Quigley Song in the back round a bit to long.
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.
RichBratlee

Post by RichBratlee »

Welcome aboard!!--And yes men DO stop to ask questions--we just do it when your not looking!! :lol:
SHILOH 1
USN EM1 (78-83)
Sporter#3 45-70 military butt 34" standard MVA Long range and MVA standard front insert

People with weapons are citizens: People without are subjects!!
deerhuntsheatmeup

Oh Clara......

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Dangit woman, I thought I had a place I could hang out and you not know about it. I mean, you won't let me go to the pool hall anymore, or the pub, or the camp, or the ballgame, or play golf. Why couldn't you just let me hang out here and tell the guys how tough I am and what a good shot I am and other manly stuff...............Oh well, since your here, you gonna bring me a beer or what, Later, DH
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Capt.Call
Ya'll better buy that woman a 50/90 in a business riflegun.. See, wimmen somehow don't haf to overcome that MACHO thing that we'uns do, and it usually means they git ta be better shots than us. Git that 50/90 so she'll have to work at it
Trigger Dr jim Milner
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Capt. Call

Post by Capt. Call »

That all sounds good but the problem is that she allready can shoot! You see I missed my deer last year not once but twice and I don't remember that ever happening before--not ever! And as hard as it is to tell the truth here in front of all the guys----the deer in the freezer had her back tag on it! But all is not lost---We just got back from are winter vaction in Florida and for the First Time -----I CAUGHT THE MOST FISH---So there Woman! What do you think Trigger----50-90 with the 16lb barrel---maybe she won't be able to pick the dang thing up!
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Capt Call,
If I know women ( Why is the devil did I say that, I sure as heck DO NOT know women) She would probably come up with a bipod with wheels. So much for that Idea. Maybe, if to tell her that you are having trouble getting the fouling out of your gun she might help you by doing the cleaning for you......... No, you'll end up doing dishes.
I give up. Can't live with and can't live without
Trigger Dr.
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Canoe112

Post by Canoe112 »

Capt. Call,

I mean no offense, but your wife gives the appearance of having spent too much time in the sun tanning booth.

Hal
Dead Eye Dick

We;come Ladies

Post by Dead Eye Dick »

I think it is neat that we hear from the distaff side. Great lesson for my better half. And I won't ask her to fetch me no beer either. That chap in Miss likes to live dangerous. Has he not been reading about the range of these 45/what ever. PA To Mississippi - no problem and its all down hill. Well at least down river. :D
TriKiDiki
The more I practice the luckier I get.
A wanna B Shilo Rifle Owner.
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

That 16lb barrel will only hurt more when she whacks you on top of the head with it.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
captain calls clara

Post by captain calls clara »

WOW what a great response I am getting! Feel like I belong already... :D I guess buckeye shooter knows women (especially strong willed ones) better than TRIGGER DR... as BUCKEYE SHOOTER already realizes if the gun is to much for me to shoot I WILL find another use for it and it WOULD probably be right over the head! :wink: Thank you DEAD EYE for wanting to hear from the other side of the gene pool. My husband also knows where the beer would go if he expected me to "fetch one". :shock: so DEERHUNTSHEATMEUP, you wouldn't want to ask him where! RICHBRATLEE... I believe that (most) men stop to ask questions... it is just that "do U have a headache tonight" doesn't count"! LOL No CANOE112, it wasn't the tanning bed... it was the Florida sun we were fishing in! LOVED IT! No POWDERBURNER... he didn't buy me one.... bummer as the one he ordered is simply BEAUTIFUL! I am excited for him and can't wait to join the clubs. I used to belong to the wagon train and we had to dress in style then and went on long trail rides in our conastoga. I always had my own horse though which was nice. I really enjoyed that. I hope my sense of humor didn't offend anyone tonight as it is all in jest and you all sound like a GREAT bunch... No wonder hubby can't stay off here! LOL
If I missed the first time it was ONLY because I wanted to... Don't make me shoot again.
RichBratlee

Post by RichBratlee »

:lol: None meant none taken!!!!
SHILOH 1
USN EM1 (78-83)
Sporter#3 45-70 military butt 34" standard MVA Long range and MVA standard front insert

People with weapons are citizens: People without are subjects!!
Todd Birch

Post by Todd Birch »

Great, all we need, another smart alecky lady gal who can shoot and bring home the venison!
Tell ya what - if he don't treat ya right and if you do windows as well as dishes and take out the trash, I'll marry you myself! I'll even buy you a rifle or you can have one of mine.
I'll do the reloadin' for both of us! Surely thats fair.

Seriously, good to have you aboard. This motley crew needs a little more decorum. I mean, whatever would the Queen think?

I've the pleasure of instructing many lady shooters and there isn't one of them that didn't become a kick-ass (pardon, I meant posterior) in short order. Other coaches I've confered with on the topic agree that given the same period of instruction, the ladies of a course will progress more rapidly than the men.
The reason? There isn't a man alive who's seen "Quigley" (or any other Sellick movie), "Waltzs With Coyotes" (the Canadian version), etc., who doesn't know more about shooting than his teacher.

I took a city gal "for a walk' last fall. 20 minutes later, Bambi (4 point Mule Deer) was down and she got an intimate look at what parts are where in the quadripedal, bicuspid, cervine ungulate. The drag back to the truck was half a mile downhill.
She now has her own licence and is looking forward to her own gun(s).

Watch yer front sight and squuuueeeeze!

Todd
"From birth to the packing house, we travel between the two eternities ....." Robert Duvall in "Broken Trail"