Shilohitis

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Scott

Shilohitis

Post by Scott »

Shilohitis has struck! First post, been lurking around since last April -- just got off the phone with Heather, will be bringing home a Hartford in 45-90 from stock. Hopefully will be leaving tomorrow noon to pick up the new addition. Any hints/comments/thoughts/suggestions on the 45-90 would be appreciated. Great forum, thanks Shiloh.

KW - thanks again for all the 'guidance'.

Scott
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Just make sure the rifle will be under the weight limit.....
Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

scooter.

Just shoot it and enjoy it.
The .45-90 is a good caliber and easy to load.
I picked up my .45-90#2 Creedmoor silhouette about three weeks ago.
As of today I put 400 rounds through it.It's a well balanced rifle for off hand shooting.

Kurt
The Montanan

Post by The Montanan »

In a couple of weeks here, I'm going to drive over and visit Big Timber. I got to go over and fondle a Shiloh. :roll:
The Montanan

"I don't care what a person shoots, as long as he shoots it well"
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Scooter,
I LOVE my .45/90 Hartford. I believe you will feel the same about yours as soon as you see it.
Lee Stone
Omak Cowboy

cal. choice

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Lee, to my knowledge no one has put the relative ballistics of the major caliber choices down on this or any other site.

How would you rate the 45 - 90 in trajectory and accuracy compaired to the 40 65, the 45 70 and the 45 100?
Omak
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Omak,
Not having any experience with .40/65 or .45/100 (yet) all I can address would be .45/70 and.45/90. And my .45/90 experience is just begining.

At present, my impression is that I am getting a flater trajectory with the .45/90 than my .45/70's. For one thing, I am getting higher muzzle velocity out of the .45/90. But please keep in mind that I am at the very begining of the learning curve with this rifle. But I am looking forward to a long period of research with it.
Lee Stone
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Don't let Lee kid you, he can dot your eye with that 45-2.6 at 500 meters!!!
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Shiloh Sharpie

Post by Shiloh Sharpie »

I have been shooting a .45-90 for BPCR silhouette for years. Excellent choice for heavy 540+ grain bullets and good velocity with Swiss powder. I love it. I have a Rolling Block, Meacham and a Shiloh Sharps all in that caliber. With different bullets it is quite versatile. I have excellent load date if you need it. Just holler.
Shiloh Sharpie
SASS Life member
NRA member
---------------------------------------------------------
#1 Sporter; 45-90; Steel buttplate; Pewter forend cap; extra fancy wood; 30 inch heavy octagon; Marble Tang Sight; MVA 111 front
Scott

Post by Scott »

Shiloh Sharpie -

Info on load data and bullets would be much appreciated. Still gathering supplies and equipment. Either here or PM.

Thanks........

Scott
Shiloh 45-90 Hartford, military buttplate, 34" heavy octagon barrel, semi-fancy wood
TJW

Post by TJW »

Scooter, if you haven't, check your private messages.
Scott

Post by Scott »

TJW -

No PM found -- maybe give it another try???

Scooter
Shiloh 45-90 Hartford, military buttplate, 34" heavy octagon barrel, semi-fancy wood