Load 104 Grains of Fg Goex Lot 01-75 Compressed .440
Norma Brass brand new unfired
Primer WLR old white box
Bullet Paul Jones Creedmoor 537 grs Seated about .020 off the lands
Wad .060 Poly with Newsprint over the poly

Humidity 32% Temp 54 Barometer 29.72 and rising

Fired 3 shots to foul in barrel first

Then ran 6 left over the Oehler 35P

The 1 grain less of powder made for over 20 Fps drop in MV!

Avg MV was 1375 Fps, High was 1381 Fps, Low was 1366 Fps, ES was 15 Fps and the SD was 5 Fps.

Got on the target too so that was good. Group size was 2.900 Tall by 3.200 wide in some very fast 9-15 mph winds at 10 to 11. I did not try to dope the wind just shot as it looked like it was going to Rain at any moment. Load is running just over 1.5 MOA so that’s a good start.

Fouling was Light used 6 deep blows on the MVA Tube for the session. After returning home I blew 6 deep blows and ran a dry patch down the barrel, did that again a second time, most of the fouling was removed with these 2 patches, after 2 wet patches the barrel was clean. I then put 2 patches soaked in Kroil down the barrel and it was clean.

Kenny Wasserburger
Knight Commander FES
Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

Kenny

Tnx for posting the test for that lot of powder.I was just getting ready for a new powder order.

Kenny do you normally get that 15 fps ES in that 110? my 2.4 runs 4-6 fps.That Swiss I tryed out a while back was a lot faster then the Goex load,but the ES was 18 fps.
Sounds like this lot might be a decent powder to try.

Kurt.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Leadpot,

This was just a first outing with this charge wt so I am not unhappy with the 15 fps ES but my match load of another lot of Fg runs 11 Fps ES with a SD of 3. So I will tune this load a bit play with Seating and compression and perhaps run the bullet back to the rifling, lots of things to try here but I have high hopes as 4 bullets were touching each other in one small section of the group!

It just needs a bit of tuning and me taking my time too shoot a real good group. As it is I would take this load to a LR match and expect to do pretty good with it.

I am pretty excited over the MV this Goex is Fast Fast Fast. And no stinking Duplex involved!

Kenny Wasserburger
Knight Commander FES
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

Tnx. Kenny

Mabe it's the hotter powder driving the ES up a little.

I have to call in tomorow for powder I'm down to three pounds and that is only good for three trips to the range :roll:

Kurt