Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RMulhern

Adobe Walls

Post by RMulhern »

Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Sharpsman:

Thanks for the links to the photos. Nice shots. I didn't realize Billy Dixon was a Mason. Live and Learn!

It would be nice to make that trip some day.

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Omak Cowboy

dixon

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Interesting open country.

Now someone had to pay for that nice new headstone and I'm sure the local monument maker would know who that was. From that information one might learn much more about Mr. Dixon...like where he was made a Mason and much more.
Omak
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
deerhuntsheatmeup

Wow, a brother

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

I have always been curious about the life of Billy Dixon. Moreso now that I know he was a Master in the Blue Lodge. Later, David Barfield
Harlan Sage

Post by Harlan Sage »

The Brothers in Logde will love to hear about Billy Dixon. They know I'm always out shooting somewhere.

Harlan
Just Shoot...EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS!

Guns Have 2 enemies, Rust and Politicians!
Harlan Sage

Post by Harlan Sage »

There is a reason for putting on my glasses.......Lodge

Harlan
Just Shoot...EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS!

Guns Have 2 enemies, Rust and Politicians!
stepnmud

Post by stepnmud »

nice pics Sharpsman, I too made the trip to Adobe Walls last summer in July a week after the the battle a fews years later.
Had only my ten year old son with me and as he stepped on the tire to get in the back of my pickup , he also stepped on the the valve stem causing the tire to go flat. This was around 6:00 pm and we were the only ones there. Luckily the spare had some air in it and after jacking up the truck with some spare parts like a metal socket set case and a drill index case along with the factory issue tire jack. We finally got the flat fixed and on our way. Liked the surreal experience and seeing the sun go down at Adobe Walls.