Buffalo----in Pa?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Capt. Call

Buffalo----in Pa?

Post by Capt. Call »

I just put this link up over at the Goex board in an answer to a post. Though maybe some would like to take a look here also.....

http://www.woodennickelbuffalo.com/

Yes the wife and I have eaten there and the food was very good! If you are ever in that neck of the woods--stop by--you will be glad you did. If you check out their web site be sure to take a look at the recipes!

Just like Shiloh....a nother Famliy opperation.....what makes America so great!
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.
Halfcock

Post by Halfcock »

Capt Call: Good web site. After buying 1/4 of a buffalo this spring, I hope the bison are around forever. For those watching fat in their diet or, like me, a type 2 diabetic, they are great.

Paul
Grundy Burns

Post by Grundy Burns »

I am also on a restrictive diet and have been eating Buffalo for a couple of years now. It is available at the local supermarket about every six weeks or so. It usually runs about a dollar a pound more that the equivalent cuts of Certified Angus. Last time I bought some it was $9.98 a pound for boneless rib-eye and $4.98 for chuck steak. The prices on that web site look a little high to me but I would pay it if nothing else was available. You can't beat the taste of a good buffalo steak!
"Should have steered clear of that kid".....
Kev

Post by Kev »

Great place, isn't it? Never realized just how big those critters are until I stood near one. I'm originally from York, PA.
Otter
Location: born and reared up in Nebraska . . . currently exciled in Arkansas

buffalo meat

Post by Otter »

Check out this website:

<http://www.dakotabison.com/>

They have good prices and ship all over the country. My Brother-in-law and four of his buddies started raising big shaggies about six years ago and opened up a buffalo meat store in the downtown of their hometown about 3 years ago. We haven't eaten much beef for about three years.[/url]
Ya can't cheat the mountain, pilgrim, the mountain got its ways . . . Otter
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Good grief there Otter!! You startled me! For a minute there I thought your Brother-in-law and his buddies were going to try and compete with Tysons. You know, replace chicken with buffalo. But then I saw they aren't doing it there in Rogers. :wink:
Lee Stone
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

By the way Otter, it wasn't you who wrecked Flounder's Lincoln Continental was it? Or rather Flounder's brother's Lincoln Continental. :lol:
Lee Stone
Otter
Location: born and reared up in Nebraska . . . currently exciled in Arkansas

Continental

Post by Otter »

Lee,

Nope, weren't me what wrecked a floundering continental. Never drove one or runned into one. Thought flounders were fish.

We moved down here about 2 years ago from the northeast part of Nebraska. Haven't found a place to shoot over 100 yds here yet. Up north we had a place to shoot where we could range out to 1400 yds. That I do miss from there, but I sure don't miss the weather, especially the winters.
Ya can't cheat the mountain, pilgrim, the mountain got its ways . . . Otter
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

My reference to Flounder and his Continental were to Otter in the movie "Animal House". If you should see it, you will see what I was talking about. A rather poor attempt at a little (very little) humour on my part. :roll: But a very funny movie with John Belushi.

Surely somewhere there in the "valley" area of Rogers, Springdale and Benton, there must be someplace flat enough and long enough for a 1000yd range. Or did the new airport eat up all the flat land?
Lee Stone
Hidehunter

Post by Hidehunter »

I find it hard to believe that anybody who is a history buff and admires the Sharps rifle would buy "ready-made" buffalo meat! Good as it is, buffalo meat is even better when you personally collect it.

So far, 2 yearling cow buffalo have fallen to my rifle. These buffalo cost about $700 each, with another $300 for processing and skinning. I figured that I ended up with just over 300 lbs of boneless meat from each, making the cost per pound about $3.00. (Of course this doesn't account for other incidental costs such as fuel, food, lodging and the amortization of a $2000 rifle!)

Even my squeamish "city slicker" friends love buffalo meat.