aftermarket sights

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

flatwater

aftermarket sights

Post by flatwater »

Hello.
I am new to the forum. Appreciate any info given.
I own 3 Shiloh rifles. Two that I ordered, and one that I acquired in a trade. One of these rifles is a handy little 40-65 in a model called "the Jaeger". (Now discontinued). This is a plain-jane little gun with standard sights. The front is a blade that looks like stainless steel, and actually looks out of place on the gun. The rear is the ladder that is quite nice. Anyway, the problem is that I'm too old to see them clearly anymore, and would like to get some tough, compact hunting sights. I need a peep with a simple front bead. like the old brass beads. My two fancy Shilohs have very elegant and complex sights, similar to those shown on the shiloh website. I'd like to avoid some expense and get a little smaller sights to take this little gem hunting. Anyone know where to look?
As an addendum, let me say that although I own many rifles. a few of them expensive, my Shiloh's have a fit and finish second to none.
thanks, Bill Flatwater, Idaho Falls
Good Shooting
NRA Life Member
NRA Endowment
VFW, DAV Life
Jim Watson

Post by Jim Watson »

Marble makes a sporting tang peep sight for Shiloh's, but I don't know where to get a conventional bead front sight in the Sharps dovetail size. There are some Beach combination sights with flip-over selection between a bead in a ring and a plain blade.

Buffalo Arms has both, and might could find you a bead sight to fit.
www.buffaloarms.com

Maybe somebody here has an idea about shimming a .375" standard dovetail sight to a .450" Sharps slot.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi Bill, go to our main web page and contact MVA, they will fix you up. Thanks Kirk
flatwater

aftermarket sights

Post by flatwater »

Jim, Kirk--Many thanks....Bill
Good Shooting
NRA Life Member
NRA Endowment
VFW, DAV Life