Buttplate Question

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ColeGTO66

Buttplate Question

Post by ColeGTO66 »

Hi, I just ordered my first Sharps last month. I ordered a Montana Roughrider 45-110 with a 34 inch heavy octagon polished barrel, pewter tip, semi fancy wood, which I would like to change to extra fancy, standard case finish and a steel crescent butt.

My question is what the finish of the butt plate will be. Will it be french grayed or color cased? I would like it to be french grayed to match the tip. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to the whole black powder game and I look foreward to the great deal of info I can gain from the site while I start getting all the things needed to get ready to load some shells over the next year or so.

Thanks
Cole Warminsky
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi, The butt plate will be color cased. It would really look odd to have it french grayed. Thanks Kirk
ColeGTO66

Post by ColeGTO66 »

Kirk, Thanks for the reply, the only reason I asked was that I saw one built on the net by shiloh and it had a silver crescent butt and in the catalog it is unfinished or silver in color which looks similar to the french gray.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

That is the one that I thought looked odd. If this is something you like we will be glad to do it. Thanks Kirk
woodpuppy

Post by woodpuppy »

Kirk, if a customer chooses the bone charcoal pack-hardened finish, will the buttplate match?
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Yes Sir