Ammo and or reloading supply recommendations for someone new to Sharps rifles

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

GPeterson

Re: Ammo and or reloading supply recommendations for someone new to Sharps rifles

Post by GPeterson »

Hello Maxson,

Go to a past thread here on the site and search for this OP by jackrabbit, "Just for Newbies...mostly," dated Wed Jan 27, 2021. It's a good thread for anyone to read (again for me after your inquiry) for some great info, along with a little history from the new wave of B.P.C.R. shooters keeping up the tradition in shooting the old guns, and also, from that great old thread (now, our own history), known as "talk.Shooters.com."

In jackrabbit's thread, I posted a website to visit for "newbies" that I found very helpful for one getting started in this grand game of B.P.C.R. Check it out; once there, click on the picture of the cross-sticks shooter and read the story. I watched this guy shoot at the "Q" many years ago, and ALWAYS put a lot of store in his comments on "Talk Shooters" (what I called the site). Go here:

yumpu.com/en/document/read/49112630 (once the site comes up, click on Introduction to Black Powder).

You'll have to manually google this in the box, but it's worth the time. I downloaded a copy many years ago and have passed it on to a few folks wanting to get started. Big day getting that FIRST Shiloh (Ha!), very big. Congrats! I know what it feels like!

GPeterson
Buffalo, Wyoming