Herters

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Maj. Forrest Smith

Re: Herters

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith »

Herter's also did gunsmithing on rifles and shotguns. Remembered my dad having a field grade Model 12 re-bluing and have vent rib put on it by Herter's. They did nice work!
TAA

Post by TAA »

Ditto on the Herter's memories!

My dad and his hunting buddies really liked Herter's. They also liked Gopher Shooter's Supply, Faribault, MN. This was in the early to late 50's.

In 1980 the first MN State handgun silhouette championship match was held. Keith Purdie from Gopher furnished the T-1 steel targets and door prizes. Every shooter won a door prize....each was a handgun! Some shooters had their name drawn twice and won two guns......a very generous supporter of the sport was Keith.

As a 10-year old kid not yet into shooting, I can remember many of the conversations my dad and his buddies about....Herter's has "that", let's go there and get "that". And on their annual early Oct. Mule Deer hunting trip to the John and Evelyn Goddard ranch in Wyoming (south of Kenny's place), they always stopped @ Herter's.

Tom
ole pizen slinger

Post by ole pizen slinger »

I still use a Herters double "C" reloading press. Heavy enough to do some swaging on.
OPS
Barry C Jolly

"I envy no man that knows more than myself and pity them that know less:" Sir T. Brown

"Everyone must sacrifice at the altar of stupidity from time to time" A. Einstein