Trigger Pull

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Lead Pot

Trigger Pull

Post by Lead Pot »

Kirk.

What weight do you set the trigger on the Silhouette rifle? TNX.

Kurt
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Lead Pot, are you using a single or double set trigger? If the double set, I have mine set for just about 1/4 turn before the trigger breaks. Don't know if this helps, but it works for me, and there is no trigger jerk. I just have to be careful not to breathe to hard after the trigger is set. :D Randy
Randy Ruwe
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Lead Pot I forgot to mention that I only have one BPCR rifle that has a single trigger, and that is a Browning BPCR in .45-70, and I have heard and read that they are a bitch to adjust!! So, I just keep mine very clean and lightly oiled. It works great, but not nearly as smooth as a double in my opinion. (which doesn't count for much since I have only been doing this BPCR shooting for less than 1 year) Randy
Randy Ruwe
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi Lead pot, I will on command set the trigger to a minimum of 2 pounds, but I need to know on the order. Just between you and I and the forum, a single trigger is cool looking but a double set is hard to beat on chickens. Hope this helps. Thanks Kirk
Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

Good morning Kirk.

Heather did'nt ask for a pull weight and I forgot to ask. I want to keep it legal for the NRA matches Kirk,so set it to 2-1/2 lbs.
I think this silhouett rifle should be just about done.I will call you this morning. Kurt.

Randy I have two of the Brownings BPCR. one in .40 and .45,there triggers are tough,and you need to be a engeneer to disacemble them and get them back together again :roll: I know I worked on one.I left the other one allone.
Kurt
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Guys,

I like my set triggers light, too. I generally set mine 1/2 turn or so from not setting. When you do this, do it in cool or cold weather. On two occasions, I've found that Shilohs and Bxxxxxxs set in the summer wouldn't set in cold weather, and I had to shoot a relay with a single trigger until I could readjust.

Clarence