Loading 45-110 with Triple 7 ?

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

DanTDesigns

Re: Loading 45-110 with Triple 7 ?

Post by DanTDesigns »

bw,

I beg to differ. The density of Triple 7 is quite low, 0.75 grams/cc, according to its MSDS. Swiss Fg, according to my measurements, has a density of 1.11 gram/cc. So, Triple 7 is substantially less dense, it's bulkier, than Swiss Fg. So, a full 45-110 case should have only about 75 grains of Triple 7 if we compare it to 110 grains of Swiss Fg's volume. Therefore, one lb of Triple 7 should afford one to load at least 93 rounds when no compression is used. That's about 50% higher than your estimate. Math and science are wonderful tools, no? Of course my models aren't perfect, but they sure are useful. :lol: :lol: :lol:
All the best...DanT..."The nation which indulges towards another a habitual hatred or a habitual fondness is in some degree a slave.” - George Washington’s 1796 Farewell Address
bobw

Post by bobw »

Yeah ok DT, 90-95 loads. I guess I should have asked what he will do a little later in the afternoon? huh ?bobw
bobw
Major Art Tillery

Post by Major Art Tillery »

bobw wrote:Yeah ok DT, 90-95 loads. I guess I should have asked what he will do a little later in the afternoon? huh ?bobw

Ummm load some of the real stuff!... :P Hopefully have an order placed for some real BP.. but money will tell for sure.