tin

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

big country

tin

Post by big country »

I live within 1 hour drive of Dallas Tx. Anyone know of place in that area to purchase tin,so I will not have to pay freight?
Ron B

Tin

Post by Ron B »

If I were you , I would check with scrap dealers. You can get tin out of old refridgerators ,There was a coil on the back that was tin, and on coolers too, thats where i get mine right now I have collected around a 100 lbs of tin. The coil is about the size of a persons ring finger and may have some scale on it but will bend like lead and will be heavy for its size.
Born a hundred and 10 years too late !
Ron B

Tin

Post by Ron B »

If I were you , I would check with scrap dealers. You can get tin out of old refridgerators ,There was a coil on the back that was tin, and on coolers too, thats where i get mine right now I have collected around a 100 lbs of tin. The coil is about the size of a persons ring finger and may have some scale on it but will bend like lead and will be heavy for its size.
Born a hundred and 10 years too late !
N2

Post by N2 »

big country - Call John Walters and have him bring your tin order with him to Graham Sunday, March 28. It's the first BPC silhouette match of the year at GRPC and is usually well attended. John's phone number is in BPC News and SSE. - Nick