Remington Rolling Block

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Geronimo
You can spend more, but the quality will not be any better than that which you will find on the Ron Heilman sights. You can get a long range with 20 min windage, and the front globe w/ spirit level for $335 plus shipping. If you wand 40 min windage add $75. to the price. Ron will put the vernier scale on which ever side you want at NO extra charge. He makes EACH and EVERY piece in the sights, by hand, with the exception of the spirit
level

I gaurantee you will not be disappointed.
Trigger Dr Jim Milner
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
geronimo.tn

Post by geronimo.tn »

Trigger Dr
does Ron have a web site. I've not seen one of his sights.
I've been kicking around the idea of a RHO scope. I've shot other's rifles with MVA sights and one with a scope. I can see and hit better with the scope (never could see well to begin with and now that I'm over 50 the eye's have gotten worse). However, there's nothing much more satisfying that ringing the 400 yd buffalo with the use of a vernier sight , especially when I can hardly see that 'spec' to begin with.
OH well, nothing like 'tough choices' eh?
charles vail

sights and..........

Post by charles vail »

I am pleased with Ron's rear sight and am shooting the match on 3-28-04 at UNSC if everything works out right. I have been waiting for seven years to shoot BPCR matches at my local club and can't wait. :D
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Geronimo,
Ron can be reached at r.a.heilman@worldnet.att.net or by telephone 253-840-2623 his snail mail is 16010 92nd Ave Ct E Puyallup, Wa. 98375

He will send you pictures of his sights upon request
Trigger Dr.
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I've used Ron's sights on my sporter #1, front and rear, the front with Trigger Dr.'s modification. I've shot several NRA silhouette matches with his sights and I am VERY well pleased with them. You will need to get a Hadley eye cup to go on the rear but other than that they are very much worth the money!! Personally I think they work as well as any out there.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
pete

Post by pete »

Does anybody have an idea of how many Remington rollingblock sporting rifles were made? I get the impression from what I've read and seen at gun shows that they are harder to to find than original Sharps 1874 sporters.
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I don't know but Bill Goodman in an article in "The Black Powder Cartridge News" said the Remington Rolling Blocks, both sporting and military are going to really go up in price. Maybe I should keep my .43 original.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter