What was on the original "Quigley"?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Canoe112:

I would like to see a picture of this wet bar and the Barmaid!!!! ;-) ;-)

That is an option I would definitely want...............

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
deerhuntsheatmeup

Only shoots North......

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Not so, CUBA IS SOUTHEAST AND I AM SURE THAT SOUTHEAST LA WOULD BE THEIR POINT OF ENTRY IF INVASION WAS THEIR IDEA...In this case I am sure Lee would head em' off and give us notice to be ready, so the shootin' north idea is just for folks that think Kerry is right and we will never have another invasion attempt. DB PS Just makin' laughs, don't fret over my comments............
Canoe112

Post by Canoe112 »

Barfield,

You said, "Kerry is right"

Actually I think he is Left.

You guys in Miss. sure must be liberal.

regards,

Hal
IronSight

Post by IronSight »

Always assumed Gibson was conservative because of his movies
Road warrior - plenty gun action
The Patriot - which PO'd the Britts
We were soldiers - Vietnam
Braveheart - no guns, plenty battleaxes
The Passion - Christian movie

But then again i understand, Mr. gunslinger himself, Clint EastWood is anti-gun... or wait a minute is that Sly Stallone?

Anyhow a Quigley II would have to be played by Tom - a proven NRA supporter.
IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT WORK..AT LEAST MAKE IT LOOK GOOD!!
nohorse

Post by nohorse »

As a side note, I think MLV cleared up the Quigly rifle on a post some where earlier. If I remember correctly [difficult sometimes] the 'throw around' rifle had an aluminum barrel. It was re-barreled after the movie. One rifle went to Selleck, another to a producer and I cant remember who got the 3rd gun. Eventually Selleck was able to purchase the other two and now is the proud owner of all 3. MLV: Please jump in here and save me before I dig this hole any deeper!!!
Shiloh #1!
Guns:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, 30 inch heavy octagon with MVA mid range soule and MVA spirit level sights
45-70 Hartford Model, 30 inch heavy octagon with Axtell Hartford Transition and MVA combination sights [the hunter!!]
Omak Cowboy

Movie folks

Post by Omak Cowboy »

I donn't know about Mel, though I've heard he's a really good guy. Be surprised if he's anti gun.

Stallone is a jerk from the word go. He was here in Seattle some time back and the folks who owned the restaurant he ate in said it was ok with them if "Mr. Stallone takes his business elsewhere'.

As a jeweller I've seen his stuff and it's cheap and trashy..much like I am told he is.

Eastwood..Don't know but I do know he made a sizable donation to the Gene Autry firearms museum in LA. Been there seen it.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
IronSight

Post by IronSight »

Omak,
think your right about Stallone, not sure about Eastwood. Sure hope Eastwood isn't one of those typical hollywood jerks as his movie 'The Outlaw Jose Wales' was the best western ever made IMHO!

mrranger, nohorse,
Sure hope that was a throw away stunt rifle, i can still remember my teeth grinding from that movie scene! :shock:
BigBoresOrBust

Post by BigBoresOrBust »

Re the anti-gun "gun guys"

I've also heard Mel Gibson is anti gun.
Stallone is a flaming. . . .well, Rambo doesn't like guns either.

I'm all for a Quigley II, but why not have Mr. Sellek do it himself? His westerns he's produced (especially Crossfire Trail) have been excellent.
sackett

Post by sackett »

If a Quigley II is made, I wouldn't mind seeing Selleck teaming up with Sam Elliot. Maybe Sam could play his brother, shooting a 50-90 or maybe a 44-90. Afterall, they were brothers in Sacketts and in The Shadow Riders, so a third movie could work. Maybe someday....

Sackett
deerhuntsheatmeup

Hal....

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

Hal, Most of us good people in MS are liberal. We are liberal with our contributions to the Republican party. I live in a county that is 90% conservative. We don't have issues with Democrats because there is not enough of them in this part of the world to have a good healthy confontation. Now across the river is a different story. The Pearl River that is, When I said "unless kerry is right" I was talking about the left thinking we just won't be attacked at home again.

I have read your post with interest for a while as I often do when I think the person is a shooter and not just a typest. Please don't ruin our online regards for the same kind of ideas by stereotyping me with a liberal bunch or the Democrats.

I can laugh at most stuff, but not being called a Democrat or a queer. I don't think that shit funny in the least.

If you meant no harm, then none done, I will discuss us getting together and shooting sometime if you will give me a call.

Best, David Barfield 601-750-7123
Canoe112

Post by Canoe112 »

Dave,

I intended NO disrespect.

I understood your actual use the the phrase "Kerry is right."

My post was an obviously awkward attempt at humor. Which did not work.

I've been reading your posts and I think I've got a good idea where you stand. If you've been reading some of mine I suspect you would conclude we are of similar persuasions.

I meant no disrespect. Please accept my apologies. I guess we didn't know each other well enough for my attempt at humor.

One item we may not see "eye to eye" on is Cuba. In our Country we GREATLY underestimate the disgust and contempt the Soviets had for Cuba and its Government. But, this discrepancy only results from each of us having different information from different sources.

Best Regards,

Hal
IronSight

Post by IronSight »

sackett,
Still have to stick with Jose Wales, the 'Missouri boat ride' scene where Eastwood uses a scoped Sharps to take out the tow rope makes the movie. The other scene where Eastwood is confronted by 4 or 5 yankees..and the best line of the movie is something like "why you boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"

Now don't get me wrong, the Sacketts was also an excellent movie, Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot are great together. Another one of my top 10 Westerns is Conager, a little known Western of Eliott's.

In Quigley II, maybe Elliot and Selleck play the good guys with Sharps while Stallone is the bad guy with maybe a flintock! :)
mrrangerman

Post by mrrangerman »

Hello everyone

I'm fairly new to this forum, so I guess intro is in line. My name is Dan Hislope, I'm almost 45yrs old and live in Michigan, I've been reading the forum almost everyday to learn as much as I can on loading BPcartrage. My spelling is not very good so for that I'm sorry. I shoot a Shiloh LRE am playing with a 43 spanish RRB trying to work out a load for it. And am like an little kid at Cristmas time, waiting for my Shiloh 63 millitary 3 band to be made. I am so thankful this web sight is running, there is SO much knowledge to be had. Thank you everyone.

IronSight

I wonder if Stallone even knows what a flintlock is. ( isn't that made by master lock?)
If you aim at nothing in life, you will hit your target every time.
Canoe112

Post by Canoe112 »

David,

You said, " I was talking about the left thinking we just won't be attacked at home again."

I just received a request from a "friend" today in Milan regarding the attack in Spain. The Italians are getting really nervous.

I have finished my analysis and sent it out to him.

You are welcome to a copy. You will see we tend to agree.

Write me direct, by eMail, if you want a copy.

Regards,

Hal
Canoe112

Post by Canoe112 »

IronSight,

I've seen Josey Wales more times than I can count.

I remember the "Boat Ride", but NEVER got a really good view of the rifle. I've only seen the show on broadcast and not DVD so I didn't freeze frame.

Any idea who made it?

What model was it?

Probably 1963? Or, was it a 1874?

Is the scope available from a vendor?

Any information you could give would be appreciated. I just seem to store information with the hope of using it in the future.

Regards,

Hal