Yikes!! A Browning BPCR Question.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Nick B

Yikes!! A Browning BPCR Question.

Post by Nick B »

Quick, someone answer before Kirk kicks me off! I have a Browning BPCR that I want to mount a modern scope on. Anybody know where I can get bases for it? It comes factory drilled and tapped. I called Browning but it's hard to find someone thats knows anything. They keep thinking I want bases for a regular 1885 or they say that they just don't know and transfer me to someone else that says they don't know. I want to do this for a load development rifle. Anybody ? Remember I said modern scope mounts to go in the factory drilled holes. Thanks, Nick
P.S. Kirk, I have bought 7 Shilohs in the last 12 years!!
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Try MVA, and while on their sight, check out their scope and mounts as well as bases. I have a Browning BPCR also, and am thinking of doing the same thing. The RHO, which is one of the only other viable options, does not have the windage and elevation adjustments that I would like to have on my rifle. The scope also fits in a mount the fits in the front dovetail which I don't want to be re-tuning my front sight every time I would like to use the scope. I think I am going to go with the MVA. Randy
Randy Ruwe
kevin harris

Post by kevin harris »

Nick,

I did a quick search on Leupolds' web page and came up with (std 1885 hw part number 50012), you might give them a call and doule check to find out if the hole patern on the high wall is the same for the bpcr. They classify the low wall seperate from the high wall.

Hope this helps :) :)
"No triumph of peace is quite so great as the supreme triumphs of war." T. Roosevelt

W.T.S.S.
Nick B

Post by Nick B »

[quote="kevin harris"]Nick,

I did a quick search on Leupolds' web page and came up with (std 1885 hw part number 50012), you might give them a call and doule check to find out if the hole patern on the high wall is the same for the bpcr. They classify the low wall seperate from the high wall.

Hope this helps :) :)[/quote]
Thanks Kevin for the quick responce. Somewhere I read that the Leupold mounts only fit the standard 1885, not the BPCR version. Nick
Windcutter, SWNM

BROWNING 1885, BPCR bases

Post by Windcutter, SWNM »

Nick B.,

In front of me is an original Browning factory box with 2-piece scope mouts for the BPCR Model.

MODEL 8217, High Lustre Scope Mount Base, Black Powder CR.

BAR CODE: 0 23614 56673 1

Perhaps this will information can be applied to those still working at Browning that are capable of research?
From The Land of Enchantment,

ShortStake
Deming, (Luna County) New Mexico
I-10, between El Paso, TX & Tucson, AZ.
Bumper

Post by Bumper »

:arrow: Windcutter, If you ever want to sell your mounts let me know. The mounts for the non-BPCR Brownings will not mount correctly on the BPCR rifles (been there/done tried that). Rbump
RMulhern

Scope Mts.

Post by RMulhern »

Nick B.

Call Champions Choice, La Vergne, Tenn.! Describe the scope/rifle....and Homer Pearson will have what you need! :roll: :lol: :roll:

http://www.champchoice.com/splash.html? ... tion=clear
Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

Nick.

The Weaver bases #11 and #29 will work.

Kurt.
Tony Nielson

Post by Tony Nielson »

Use the Weaver #29 and #11 but mill .040" off of the bottom of the #11. This will make it the correct height for mounting a standard scope and having the elevation adjustment in the correct range.
John Moore

brwg 1885 bpcr bases

Post by John Moore »

I bought mine from Gene Sears Supply last year. 1-800-522-3314
injun