Winchester 86 question

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

KHR

Winchester 86 question

Post by KHR »

hi all
for those who shoot leverguns, I need some advice. I have a really fine '86 winchester in 45/90 (made in 1893) and a 98% gun. The problem is that I can't get it to feed rounds reliably, they tend to stick or jam when levered into the chamber. the round tends to catch right below the top of the case (1/8 inch) or so. I have tried different cast bullets, the 295g and 330g lyman. I have also experemented with OAL.

Who is a seriously excellent gunsmith that can fix this feeding problem? I found the following list of levergun gunsmiths http://www.leverguns.com/leverguns/leversmiths.htm is anyone familiar with any of these guys , and can make a reccomendation?
:-)
keith
Some originals and some Shilohs.
Molon Labe
Buckskinner

Winchester Lever guns

Post by Buckskinner »

KHR

I have had personal work done by David Clements of Clements Custom Guns. I had him build a custom revolver for me it was done extremly well. I later had him chamber another cyl. for the same gun and all worked bery well.

Anther person who is known to be a top Winchester Lever man is Doug Turnbull. His web address is www.turnbullrestoration.com he is located in Bloomfield N.Y. I had him Color Case the reciever Lever etc. The work is outstanding and turn around 7 days!

Good luck

Gary
Here's to the American Front line men and women where every they are!!!
taw1126

Post by taw1126 »

I've had both color case and Winchester 1886 gunsmithing work done by Turnbull and I would recommend him/them.

Trey