Wait Time?

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

abenson

Wait Time?

Post by abenson »

I know this question probably gets asked about 300 times a year, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Anybody know what the waiting period is at the moment?
A gun in the hand beats a cop on the phone.

Sporter #3 in .45-70 w/ 30" standard weight barrel, semi-fancy wood w/AA finish, pewter tip, steel buttplate and bone & charcoal pack finish.
Delta12250

Wait

Post by Delta12250 »

abenson

I ordered my rifle in May 2003 got the letter this week saying it is going
into production first week of June 2004. I don't know how long after that it will take to receive shipment of my rifle? I have read wait time is now around 14 months. Someone else may respond with more accurate informaition.
abenson

Post by abenson »

Ouch! That's a looong time. :shock: Ah well, if I'd ordered a year ago like I'd planned...

Sporter #3 in .45-70 w/ 30" standard weight barrel, semi-fancy wood w/AA finish, pewter tip, steel buttplate and bone & charcoal pack finish.
Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Abenson, I've heard the wait was roughly 10 months. Some folks a little longer than this (see Delta 12250 above) and some shorter. I ordered a Shiloh last October and got it about a month ago. I think it varies on the type gun you order, the features on it, and how this fits in to a production run Shiloh is making at the time. Kirk, correct me if I'm wrong.
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I just talked to Heather this morning. She said the wait is 12 to 14 months. I had called to see if they had any stock rifles in 45-110, 45-90, or 50-70. They didn't except the 22" carbine.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Troll

Post by Troll »

My understanding (I really don't know but from what I hear) is the wait time has been pushed back because of the manufacturing 16 lb rifles. I feel your pain. I put in my order back in January of 04. I figure I have to wait quite a bit longer.
-Finese is choosing the right size hammer
abenson

Post by abenson »

Thanks guys, I'll probably be putting my deposit down in June. Guess I won't have it for deer season this Fall huh? ;)

kamotz

Post by kamotz »

Hi all, I ordered in 3/30/03. A no. 1 , in 45-110. Havent gotten it yet, but then I got a few extras added like checkering,ebony tip and schnable pistol grip, and having my MVA scope mounted,so I expect that is why I went over the afore mentioned 10 months. It sure is nice shootin weather out there though...guess Ill look for more pictures to look at.( sigh..)
Once you shoot black, youll never go back
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I know how you feel. I'm going to order in June also, I hope to get it for the NEXT NEXT hunting season, I know I won't get it for the next one.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Rdurk

Post by Rdurk »

AB. Worth a call to Shiloh to see what they have on the rack in the store. They generally have some 45 calibers available .. but you never know .. they just might have built a 50 on spec. Good shootin.
obfmcb

wait time

Post by obfmcb »

Placed an order through Bill Goodman in Jan 04, was initially told that production would start early May - E-mailed Lucinda earlier this month and she said production wouldn't start until July because of a run of bull barrel guns and a batch of 1863's. Looks like the antelope and mulies will have to wait till next year.

I know it will be worth the wait, but damn!
Rich Siegel

Post by Rich Siegel »

I guess lucky timing is everything. I placed an order for a 74 military carbine, 30/40, in early Dec, 2003 and got it in mid-March 2004. Depends when the runs are being made for your rifle type.

Rich
Mike Hansen

Re: Wait Time?

Post by Mike Hansen »

[quote="abenson"]I know this question probably gets asked about 300 times a year, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Anybody know what the waiting period is at the moment?[/quote]

I think it depends a lot on what type of rifle you want and at what time of the year you place your order.

I ordered an 1874 Military Carbine in .45-70 on 6 Sep last year and it arrived in my local gun shop 26 May. Now I must wait the ten days for the background check--must protect Southern California society from a potential gun nut going on a shooting spree with a single shot rifle!

Mike
from Shiloh:
1874 "Military Carbine" (7 1/2 lb, 22" bbl) in .45-70
1874 "Sporter #1" (25 lb, 34" bbl) in .45-70, rechambered to .45-110
Morpheus

Re: Wait Time?

Post by Morpheus »

[quote="Mike Hansen"] Now I must wait the ten days for the background check--must protect Southern California society from a potential gun nut going on a shooting spree with a single shot rifle! [/quote]

I feel your pain. I am sure this is the first firearm you have ever purchased and you couldn't possibly already have another one you could do damage with if you REALLY wanted to. I'm also sure you've never been through the background check before, etc.

It's just harassment, plain and simple.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
Steve Silverman

Wait time

Post by Steve Silverman »

I placed an order 1994, somewhere around 2000 I decided I had too many doo-dads on it and made it too expensive. Didn't buy it (Boo-boo). Over the years bought some off brands. Finally discovered a such thing as an "Inactive list". Hope to get my rifle this year.