Wait Time?

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

gpeak

Post by gpeak »

Mike,
Yeah I've been there. A Sharps is the perfect "bandito" weapon only weighs 10-12 pounds, really high rate of fire, cheap ammo, RIGHT! Are the feds nuts or what! Give me a break! Go NRA!
Craig

Straight shooting, straight talk.....the mark of a man.
abenson

Re: Wait time

Post by abenson »

[quote="Steve Silverman"]I placed an order 1994, somewhere around 2000 I decided I had too many doo-dads on it and made it too expensive. Didn't buy it (Boo-boo). Over the years bought some off brands. Finally discovered a such thing as an "Inactive list". Hope to get my rifle this year.[/quote]

Holy cow! Ten years! :shock: I dickered around for a year after I discovered Shiloh Rifles...was all set to order about this time last year, but blew the money I had saved for it on a Weatherby. No discipline.

Anyhow I ordered mine Wednesday...they said 12-14 months BUT it could be sooner....we'll see.
A gun in the hand beats a cop on the phone.

Sporter #3 in .45-70 w/ 30" standard weight barrel, semi-fancy wood w/AA finish, pewter tip, steel buttplate and bone & charcoal pack finish.
Troll

Post by Troll »

I'd say it will be around 14 months plus. I ordered back in January and paid in full up front and they still haven't started on mine yet. When I called a couple of weeks ago I was told they were no where near the January orders yet. So, maybe I'll see it by next spring. I hope.
-Finese is choosing the right size hammer
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

I placed the order and paid for my .50/90 Sporter #1 the 8th of July'03. Last month I was told that it was scheduled for production in June (hopefully this week). So it is possible I may receive it sometime in September, maybe even before then. Maybe even after then.

But in the meantime I have my .45/90 Hartford, which I ordered and paid for in January of '03 and received in February'04, to keep me very happy. When the .50/90 gets here I shall be twice as happy. :D
Lee Stone
abenson

Post by abenson »

[quote="Lee Stone"]But in the meantime I have my .45/90 Hartford, which I ordered and paid for in January of '03 and received in February'04, to keep me very happy. When the .50/90 gets here I shall be twice as happy. :D[/quote]

Welll at least you've got something to pass the time with...I'm barren. Well, I have a safe full of 'other guns' but I'm sure you know what I mean. :)

Sporter #3 in .45-70 w/ 30" standard weight barrel, semi-fancy wood w/AA finish, pewter tip, steel buttplate and bone & charcoal pack finish.
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I have another Shiloh also, but I want another one I can just grab and go shoot without taking off the silhouette sights and/or worrying about scratching up. I'm glad you got yours ordered abenson, like we said it'll be a long wait, I've always wanted a 50-70 and I'm gonna get one!!!
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

To All:

The wait has been a funny thing for me.

On one hand it seems like forever........ and ever .............. and ever.

On the other hand, I have had the time to refine exactly what I want, and I have "kind of" enjoyed being more excited about getting this, than anything since I was a kid. I have literally given this forum a daily visit, learning everything I can from everyone, as well as getting to know some great folks.

In addition, since my interest have done nothing but grow, I have realized that this/these purchases ;-) however expensive, are probably good ones, and not one's I will ever regret.

Sounds dumb I'm sure, but almost anyone can go to a store and buy a rifle. The custom Shiloh wait is an experiance shared by ALL original owners.

Is that a optimistic attitude or not? :-)

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Texas Shooter, I like your attitude and I totally agree with it, it will be a fun wait. I can spend hours looking at brass, dies, slings, stuff and more stuff for the new rifle. YEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter
abenson

Post by abenson »

Ken, I'm glad I finally got it ordered too. I wanted to wait til I had the cash to pay in full, but I figure this way I'm commited and won't fritter away the money I'm putting away for it. That's what happened last time.

Texas Shooter, definitely a good way to look at things. I'm going to start accumulating the needed goodies slowly, starting I think with black powder reloading supplies. I may start loading up some black powder rounds for my .45 Vaquero...just to get the hang of it, though I know it's probably not the same as loading for the rifles.

I better go make a shopping list...

Radar

Post by Radar »

I ordered and paid for my No.1 Sporter in 1995. I received the gun in 2000. My cost in 1995 was 1100.00. I was worried about paying upfront but am glad I did. They are good guns and worth the wait. Almost all BPCR makers have a 4 month or longer lead time. Your Shiloh rifle is an investment and will always be worth something. Thats more than you can say about a car,boat, or RV.
Rickd

Post by Rickd »

Abenson. In addition to loading black for your Ruger you might want to gradually pick up casting gear and an inexpensive mould for the Ruger bullets .. to practice casting so you're ready for the Shiloh when she arrives. Someone recommended that to me (Paul Jones it was) and I first bought an off the shelf mould for my lever action 38-55. Then bought both a PJ and a Brooks mould for my 40-65 .. which just shipped yesterday!! When she arrives I have an inventory of 1,400 bullets (420 grain and 365 grain) sorted into .5 grain lots, ready to load for fireforming brass and load development. (ordered May 12, 2004 .. shipped June 16, 2004). No. 1 sporter; 40-65; hand picked extra fancy wood; bone & charcoal CC; pewter tip; MVA spirit level globe and Kelley mid range Soule; steel butt plate. Good shootin!
Frank

Post by Frank »

I tried to take the pain out of the long wait for my Shiloh. Knowing the Shiloh would take around 4 to 5 years I ordered a Browning BPCR about the same time so I would have a rifle to shoot BPCR with. I waited a year for the Browning as they were not out at the time. The Shiloh took 4 yrs 8 mo 12 days. I tried to tell my wife the wait was like being in labor and with the look she gave me its a good thing there was not a loaded rifle close by. The plan was to sell the Browning when the Shiloh arrived but 5 years later the two are still sitting side by side in the safe even if the Browning does not get used much these days. Better to have to many than to few.

Frank Costa

P.S. My wife still put's up with me, 39 years this mo. :D
SHILOH 74 #1 SPORTER
SHILOH 63 CARBINE
SHILOH 1
SHILOH SHARPS RIFLE CLUB
TRUE SPORTSMAN CLUB
NRA
SASS
abenson

Post by abenson »

Frank, 5 years :shock:

I could never do that, probably wouldn't have ordered if that'd been the case. 12-14 months is bad enough.

abenson

Post by abenson »

Rickd,

I know bullet casting seems to be something everyone here does, but I'm not sure I could manage it. Sounds like a complicated affair.

And there's another problem...my wife. She isn't sure she wants a furnace full of molten metal in the house or garage. A locker full of gunpowder doesn't bother her, I don't know what the deal is with the lead pot :roll: but I'll have to work on that first ;)

Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

abenson,

If you can manage the keys into the ignition of your vehicle and manage to negotiate it over the highways and byways of the good 'ol U. S. of A. you will have no problem learning the mysteries of bullet casting. There are a number of accomplished casters on this Forum who will be quite willing and able to help you along.

And the fact that I do my casting on top of the kitchen stove is NOT the reason my wife filed for divorce last month.
Lee Stone