bull barrels

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

carlen ritenour

bull barrels

Post by carlen ritenour »

To Kirk or anyone who may know the answer. I am thinking about ordering a bull barrel in either a 14 or 16lb rifle and would like to know the actual different in weight between a 50-90 and a 45-110. The rifle will have a 30" barrel.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi Carlin, you are only looking at a few ounces. Thanks Kirk
carlen ritenour

Post by carlen ritenour »

Kirk,

Is there anyway you could post a picture of a 14, 16lb and maybe a #1 heavy as a reference, so I could get a visual on what the difference is.

Thanks,

Carlen
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Carlen,

Go to "Rifle Models" on the home page and click on "Sharps Model 1874" and go to the 2nd page and scroll down to the bottom photo and there is a bull barrel rifle. Right above it is a Hartford with a heavy barrel. I don't know whether the bull barrel is a 14 or a 16 pounder, but the two photos do give you a little idea of the difference between a heavy and a bull barrel.
Lee Stone
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

Carlan, I just happen to have a picture of my heavy #1 beside my 16lb bull barrel that shows the size difference quite well. I'll email it to you if that's what your looking for.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-