Shiloh's in real life

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Steve Silverman

Shiloh's in real life

Post by Steve Silverman »

Dear Sirs,
I read a post where a "Convention" was mentioned. Is there any chance that there would be something like that in my neighborhood where I could see a lot of Shiloh rifles "In the flesh"? I live in Southern California. Yes, aside from cops and robbers, guns are enjoyed here by the masses in spite of those two "Ladies" in Sacramento.
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Sreve:

If Kirk or Lucinda don't answere here shortly your question, send them an email directly. Here are the addresses.

Lucinda@shilohrifle.com

or

kirk@shilohrilfe.com

I saw their exhibit at the, "Safari Show", in Dallas, last January. It's a very impressive selection of beauty. I would highly recommend getting to one of these show's at your earliest convenience.

You will be like a kid in a candy shop.

Take Care,

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Mike Hansen

Re: Shiloh's in real life

Post by Mike Hansen »

While not a "Convention," an upcoming big gun show is the "Crossroads of the West" show at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, 17 & 18 July.

http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/

Hope this helps,

Mike
from Shiloh:
1874 "Military Carbine" (7 1/2 lb, 22" bbl) in .45-70
1874 "Sporter #1" (25 lb, 34" bbl) in .45-70, rechambered to .45-110
Lucinda

SHOWS

Post by Lucinda »

DEAR MIKE,

THE CLOSEST WE WILL BE TO CALIFORNIA IS A SHOW IN RENO, NV JANUARY 28TH - 31ST OF 2005 AND THEN THE SHOT SHOW IN LAS VEGAS, NV JANUARY 28TH - 31ST. I WILL POST THE OFFICIAL DATES LATER IN THE YEAR.

WE WILL ALSO BE IN DALLAS TEXAS IN JANUARY AND THEN IN HOUSTON TEXAS FOR THE NRA SHOW IN 2005. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT!! IF NOT, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MAY NEED TO SCHEDULE A VACATION OUT THIS WAY AND STOP IN AND SEE OUR SHOWROOM. YOU MAKE THE TRIP AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE GRAND TOUR OF THE FACTORY.

LUCINDA
Mike Hansen

Re: SHOWS

Post by Mike Hansen »

Lucinda,

The Las Vegas Shot Show would be great, but is it open to the public? Below, is a notice on the Shot Show web page.

NOTE: Only members of the trade may attend the Show,
and must provide a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL) number, State Tax Number, or Industry Related Business Card.

http://www.shotshow.org/

Regardless, thanks for the head's up.

Mike
from Shiloh:
Mike Hansen

Re: SHOWS

Post by Mike Hansen »

[quote="Lucinda"]DEAR MIKE,

...IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MAY NEED TO SCHEDULE A VACATION OUT THIS WAY AND STOP IN AND SEE OUR SHOWROOM. YOU MAKE THE TRIP AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE GRAND TOUR OF THE FACTORY.

LUCINDA[/quote]

Lucinda,

I forgot to reply to this in my previous posting.

I do plan to come up when my rifle #1455 is ready. A tour would be marvelous and greatly appreciated. I'm already thinking about a future order.

Thanks,

Mike
from Shiloh:
Jim Watson

Post by Jim Watson »

Mike,

The SHOT Show is not open to "the public."

That said, if your friendly local dealer won't let you sign up on his FFL as an "associate" or some such, you haven't been buying enough from him. I have been to the SHOT Show three times under such arrangements. Fascinating. Huge.

Just don't pester the reps too much while they are trying to line up sales to real volume customers; some companies do half their year's business at the SHOT Show. On the other hand, some of the smaller outfits are glad to talk to anybody to promote their stuff.
Mike Hansen

Post by Mike Hansen »

[quote="Jim Watson"]Mike,

The SHOT Show is not open to "the public."

That said, if your friendly local dealer won't let you sign up on his FFL as an "associate" or some such, you haven't been buying enough from him. I have been to the SHOT Show three times under such arrangements. Fascinating. Huge.

Just don't pester the reps too much while they are trying to line up sales to real volume customers; some companies do half their year's business at the SHOT Show. On the other hand, some of the smaller outfits are glad to talk to anybody to promote their stuff.[/quote]

Thanks, Jim, I'll try that.

Mike
from Shiloh: