Large Rifle Primers

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RB1Shooter

Re: Large Rifle Primers

Post by RB1Shooter »

If any of you do try making your own, it will be real interesting to hear how it all came out. Please keep us informed.
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

pay the price don't waste time and money with something that may not be reliable my opinion art
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I just bought 700 Fed 210M primers in an on line auction. I paid about $13 per hundred for them. They had 1500 but someone else wanted some more than I did. They were less than an hour from my daughter's home so I went to pick them up as it was my birthday and I celebrated with my daughter. Killed two birds with one stone so to speak. The local Sportman's Warehouse had some Fed 215's for $10 hundred with a 200 limit but I did not need 215's. The 210M have been non existent and I was glad to get them as that is what I shoot in my BPCR ammo.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
patchbox

Post by patchbox »

Yeah, really not understanding the large rifle primer shortage. Plenty of small pistol, large pistol, and small rifle but nary a large rifle primer unless you get lucky. Even if you consider the Ukraine war taking large rifle primers for their 7.62 x 39 AK rounds it doesn’t make sense and I’m sure some of those are Berdan primed anyway.
RB1Shooter

Post by RB1Shooter »

Well knowing that all of NATO is conducting the largest joint exercise's since the peak of the cold war, between now and the end of June in Eastern Europe & Moldova. Couple that to the huge re-armament of NATO, the Baltic Countries, Ukraine. Add what is going on in South America regarding Venezuela & Gyana and then throw in North Korea and South Korea tensions plus, Tiawan & China; there really is a large world wide demand for LRP's. If you have to opportunity to stock up, I would.

Right now, Rem 9.5's seem to be around with a price around $130 - $140/1000. It seems like with these things you can wait. Based upon what we have seen over the past few years, the new rule is been, "Pay me now or pay me more later."

Good hunting and good luck
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

Winchester Large rifle primers at local Sporting Goods store, $120 a brick, buy as many as you want. Limited amount of Federal. No CCI large rifle.
NDuckhunter2

Post by NDuckhunter2 »

I picked up a couple thousand magnum and regular Remington LR primers at scheels last week for $80 per thousand which I thought was highway robbery, but by current standards maybe just a mugging.
bpcrshooter62

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

LOL you should be happy you found some and let me say you got a great price when we can find them here we are paying $250.00 to $600.00 a thousand here
NDuckhunter2

Post by NDuckhunter2 »

Ouch!
RB1Shooter

Post by RB1Shooter »

Republicammunition.com has LRP's and they are legit.
NDuckhunter2

Post by NDuckhunter2 »

I’ve been seeing quite a few here in North Dakota, most are in the $100-$125 range unfortunately. Starline must have made a batch of .45/70 brass as it’s been hitting the shelf’s here and there too, even midway had some as of yesterday. Things seem to be slowly recovering, now we just need some .50/70 and .50/90 brass!