Bill Goodman

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Luke

Bill Goodman

Post by Luke »

Just got off the phone with Bill. He just picked up a dozen rifles from Shiloh. Including mine! Some folks will be getting happy calls in the next few days.
Limber Up!
Randy Bohannon

Re: Bill Goodman

Post by Randy Bohannon »

Is your Military Carbine in this shipment ?
Luke

Post by Luke »

Got that last July. This is a #3 45-70 I ordered last year.
Limber Up!
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

My mistake, congrats on the new rifle. Just looked at the Guns International listings the “semi fancy” wood is a bit disappointing on the pictured rifle, pretty straight grained for most of its length.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Pictures rarely do the wood justice.
Limber Up!
bobw

Post by bobw »

Luke, your on the money with" pictures rarely do wood justice". I have found on my phone when I go to the Shiloh catalog that once I pick out a model and turn the pic horizontal and expand it. I can get a much better view of the figure in the wood. Bobw
bobw
Jeff Michel

Post by Jeff Michel »

Randy Bohannon wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:33 am My mistake, congrats on the new rifle. Just looked at the Guns International listings the “semi fancy” wood is a bit disappointing on the pictured rifle, pretty straight grained for most of its length.
Was this the "Deluxe"light hunting rifle in 50-70?
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

Yes,the description says “ straight grain semi fancy” it is that.
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =102594595
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

Randy Bohannon wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:46 pm Yes,the description says “ straight grain semi fancy” it is that.
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =102594595
The description says “They will have straight stocks of semi-fancy walnut” not straight “grain”
Real gun powder is black.
Jeff Michel

Post by Jeff Michel »

I'll admit that the picture he posted isn't very flattering for sure. I did in fact get one of these rifles and the wood on mine is much better than the picture on the GI web sight. I'll try to post a picture in the next couple days.
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

Thought that looked pretty darn good to me. Very tempting actually..if I wasnt plagued with the shipping and the exchange rate :( The 'grab it now' vs the wait is appealing too and love that stumpy little cartridge. A lot more capable than some give it credit for. I'll just sit this one out though. :roll:
J.B.
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
Jeff Michel

Post by Jeff Michel »

I get it, I have two rifles on order, they will have their third birthday in July. Not complaining, that's just a long time to wait. That's why I went with Bill Goodman, for this 50-70. Don't get me wrong, I wanted it, but it was also sort of a trial balloon for Mr. Goodman and his acting as an agent, so to speak for Shiloh.
He passed with flying colors, good experience from start to finish. I will utilize he services in the future without a doubt.