???? for the masses lol

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bpcrshooter62

???? for the masses lol

Post by bpcrshooter62 »

Hi all I am a black powder silhouette shooter. I think having a shoot with setters is the best however it is hard to find groups or people to do that these days!! I believe they should be payed a fair price per day to set the targets so the shooters can concentrate on shooting. My question to all of you is what would you say would be a fair amount per day would be to pay them? Thanks I look forward to your reply's.
DaveC

Re: ???? for the masses lol

Post by DaveC »

We pay $5 in Range fee (to have the range to ourselves during the Match), and $20 for the Match, which includes lunch, 5- and 10-straight pins, and the target setter. But we all help him set up targets at the beginning and put them away at the end, and we reset our own Chickens during the match. The target setter does the other animals between relays. He also gets a tip, if appropriate.
Nuclearcricket

Post by Nuclearcricket »

At Ridgway PA and Shippensburg they have paid target setters. I know at Ridgway they set out a tip jar for funds to pay the setters. I don't know if other funds are also used to even out things for the setters. I do know the kids seem to be pretty happy with what they earn. My guess is Shippensburg is the same way. For the most part they get some High School students to come and set targets. I have seen both girls and boys out there setting things back up and giving them a fresh spray of paint. At Shippensburg it looked like they used some of the local Amish boys to set the targets.
A good bunch of setters can really make or break a match. You also need to be able to keep in touch with them to make sure they are off the range and safe and also to be able to make corrections as they set targets. I have seen the odd target being set up facing the wrong way and at times they will miss repainting either a target or a swinger. Its nice to be able to get them to correct it before they leave the range and have to run all the way back to the target to correct things.
Sam
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

At the Yaupon Creek Silhouette Association (YCSA) matches near Columbus, TX our target setters (high school or college students) get $5 of our $25 match fee plus each shooter typically tips them an additional $5 to $10.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
bandanaman

Post by bandanaman »

I wondered about this at the last shoot I attended and asked around as it was the first time I saw a tip jar. Consensus was $20.00 to $ 25.00 a day, So that’s what I did for the 4 day shoot.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

If memory serves, the setters at Shippensburg are guaranteed $50, each. However, a tip jar is set out and we shooters are generally quite generous and they usually walk away with something more than that. They must be happy enough as I do not recall a match where we did not have a full complement of setters, even in the ice & snow.
Don't know what Friendship pays, but they do have a tip jar out and it is usually well subscribed.
Glenn
Barry Miller

Post by Barry Miller »

At Tappan hill we pay $5 for each .22 shooter, and $10 for each BPCR shooter. Plus tips. The two target setters average $150 each for a weekend tips included.