Shiloh sights for a Pedretti Sharps

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

gpeak

Post by gpeak »

Hi Kirk,
Have a friend who would like to add Shiloh sights to his pedretti. Are the dovetails/mounts compatable?
Have had my Shiloh Quigley for 2 mo now and love it!! Kudos to all the great folks at Shiloh!!!!
Craig

Straight shooting, straight talk.....the mark of a man.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Hi Craig, I have no idea. I guess you could try your sights in it and find out. Sorry I couldn't help. Thanks Kirk
gpeak

Thanks

Post by gpeak »

No problem Kirk. My buddy was looking at my Shiloh catalog and posed the question since the sights he got well...........shall we say leave much to be desired. I will leave my sights just where they are! Am not going to mess with perfect mount job by your folks. My baby is shooting dead on at 100 & 200 with present calibrations. Friendship has its limits !
) :lol: :lol:
Seriously though he needs better sights and yours are great.
On another note, when I took delivery of the Quigley the guys at the shop who are serious gun cranks were blown away when they opened the case. Just another testimony to Shiloh craftsmanship. I would also like to thank whichever sweet lil gal my wife spoke to the week my Dad died. I was in Delaware when the shipping call came and she graciously made arrangements(overnight) to get it to my ffl dealer there before I had to return to NY, saving me another long trip to DE.
Thanks Again!
Craig

Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

gpeak, measure the screw holes from center to center and see if the same base can fit both rifles, then the only thing you need to do is compare the screws themselves and see if they fit. You might need to acquire a screw with a larger dia head, or smaller for that matter. Been there, done that, with other rifles. Randy
Randy Ruwe
gpeak

Good advice.

Post by gpeak »

Thanks Randy.
Seems that is the only way to resolve the issue. will have to wait til my bud brings his piece to NYS so we can make the measurements. In the meantime he will have to make do. To paraphrase my PA Dutch ancestors comment re marriage-" Decide in haste, repent at leisure". So it is with every choice we mke in life. My old Pappy always said "Buy the best you can and you will never be sorry". He was 100% all the way! :)
Craig

JMLange

Post by JMLange »

I have a Pedersoli '63 Sporting rifle and a '59 Military rifle and hated the rear sights on both. They had a little set screw on the piece that slides up and down on the ladder that is useless, and the sight itself did not compare to my Farmingdale. I asked Lucinda if their sight would work, and she said no. After trying the Farmingdale sight, I thought I would give it a try.

I used the Pedersoli bases on both guns (didn't want to mess anything up). The sight for the '63 needed a couple of light strokes, on both sides, with a fine file and dropped into the existing base. The sight on the '59 dropped right in, but sits just a hair forward in the base, but is not a problem. The screws from Shiloh and Pedersoli were both 8x32.

I think that the Italian manufacturers may use a common supplier for their sights, but am not positive of this. In fairness to Pedersoli, they are now using a much better rear sight (at least on their '74's), much higher quality, with a spring loaded detent ball that clicks into place on the side of the ladder.

John