Thanks to Kenny Wasserburger

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

NRAUSMC
Location: Riverside, Southern California AND Reed Point, Montana

Thanks to Kenny Wasserburger

Post by NRAUSMC »

I just wanted to post a big THANK YOU to Kenny Wasserburger for answering all of my questions regarding loading .45-110 BP cartridges.

I fired my Shiloh Quigley this afternoon (since it is after Midnight, it was actually yesterday) and it was great. This was the first-time that I have fired it since I picked-it-up in Big Timber and I'm hooked.

I'm think that Kenny W. probably got tired of answering my questions. If he did, he didn't act like it. He was friendly and helpful and without his assistance, I would still be trying to figure out how to load the .45-110.

I should point-out that I have never even met him. I have read several of his posts, on this forum, and decided to send him an email with my questions. After several emails, and responses to all of my questions, I had bought all of the right equipment and started loading.

I am in his debt. He seems like a nice guy and he is surely an asset to the shooting sports and especially to the Shiloh Forums.

Thanks again Kenny W.

Paul
Shooting my Shiloh Sharps Quigley is a kick to shoot!

The .45-110 will get there when the others fall short.

Member-in-training
LaLa Land Chapter
FES
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

NRAUSMC, you are correct, Kenny is one of the people that make this sport what it is. He is always willing to talk to anyone wanting to learn some of his hard worked for knowledge. He just plain out loves the sport and wants everyone else to love it like he does. That's why he spends so much time answering any questions that anyone wants to ask. You should try to make it to his shoot in July. He has a great shoot on a great range which he built himself at quite a lot of work and expense and is kind enough to give us all the oportunity to shoot on it.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
ironramrod

Post by ironramrod »

NRAUSMC,

I couldn't agree with you more. I have gone through the archives on this site and taken notes on almost every post Kenny W. has made re: the .45/110. He definitely has shortened the learning curve for me for this caliber.

Another gentleman I would like to thank for all his information is Rdnck. He, too, has provided a wealth of information for this caliber that has been invaluable to me; he definitely has both oars in the water.

I have taken the info these guys provided and loaded shells, gone out to the target range and started putting holes in paper right from the git-go. Even surprised myself with some of the groups. This caliber is really a lot of fun to shoot.

Thanks guys; you are both gentlemen in every sense of the word. Nicely done. Now if either of you had a bullet lube that functioned to the nines in -20 deg temps, I would be in hog heaven for sure.

Regards

Ironramrod
don marable

Here, here, cheers to Kenny

Post by don marable »

Man if Kenny and Rdnck didn't advise the newby 45-110 crowd we would be on a sloooow learning curve. Just about the time things were going well I began to have mortal hell with stuck casings. I can't even begin to tell how exasperated I became. I made a post and Kenny replied with the solution. I haven't had a stuck case since.

Here, here to Kenny.

Don
gpeak

REAL gentlemen!

Post by gpeak »

Real gentlemen like Kenny(and many others!) are one of the great things about the BPCR sport(actually "sport" doesn't seem to adequately describe BPCR shooting. For some the history and romance along with the shooting aspect develop into a way of life). If it were not for guys like him I probably would not have near the commitment to BPCR shooting that I do. Thank you gentlemen! Keep on keepin' on! :D :D :D
Craig

Straight shooting, straight talk.....the mark of a man.
Smokin

Kudos to the deserving

Post by Smokin »

NRAUSMC & ironramrod,

I enjoyed reading your comments about the help offered by both Kenny W. and rdnck, knowing what you say is spot on. The advice they give answers questions directly and completely and the knowledge they share comes from a lot of hard wrung experience.

Bruce
Smokin

Member in tall standing of the Frozen Tundra Chapter, Flat Earth Society.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Good evening guys,

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I dont know what to say, Paul your more then welcome for the help. I enjoy getting people off to the right start in BPCR and with that favorite caliber of mine, the old 45-110. I never say for a newbe to get this caliber but it was my first and as Kirk will tell most folks its my favorite. Paul anytime you got a question just give us a holler! It is actually pretty easy If you know the right things to do to make this caliber shoot and shoot well.

Jeff, you know buddy you always can give me a call, and We enjoy having you at the ranch ALOT. I treasure the time I get to spend with shooters on my range I really do, its the best part of living for me. BPRC has been Very very good to me the past 10 years. The Friendships alone are worth every bit of it.

I am a real history buff have been all my life. Grew up in a great place for young boys to be raised. I thank God every day that My Great Grandpa's had the sense to bring our familys here.

The Buffalo Era and the Great Creedmoor Era are some of my favorite subjects and the rifles that go with that time are also. I spend alot of time in researching this and my favorite caliber also.

In alot of shooting circles these days the 45-110 or perhaps better known as the 45-2 7/8ths Sharps and my name go hand in hand. And well hell thats not all that bad a way to be remembered.

I was very proud when my buddy Jim Terry shot his new Shiloh at the World match last Sept and did so well in the team event with the top score. When you shoot against the likes of Dave Gullo, Steve Baldwin and Mix Rix all on the line at the same time and beat them thats something to remember. Jim called up Cinda and wanted a rifle just like mine, they fixed him up with one and he loves it has shot very well from the begining.
Jim was sold on it and what I was using for loading methods when he used my spare practice ammo in his bull barreled 45-110 ballard and shot a 91-3x at 800 yards in 2003 Nationals. He has since rechambered that to a 45-90 and its for sale, and he is selling all his other guns and getting a 45-70 silhouette rifle from Shiloh in the near future.

This time I owe you guys the thank you.

Kenny Wasserburger
Knight Commander of the FES
Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter

The 45-2-7/8ths Sharps Was the King off the Buffalo guns. Long live the King.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
KHR

Post by KHR »

I second the comments about kenny and rdnck, I've never had the pleasure of meeting them yet but nevertheless they have been very helpful. Their help has really got my 45/110 bull barrel shooting pretty well. There is just some mistique about shooting the big bore, at the range people always come up and ask what is it and then stare when I hand them a round. Then I ask if they would like to shoot it and a crowd gathers. Next thing is that they thinking about shooting sharps with BP.
some day I'd like to visit both kenny and rdnck's ranges.
:-)
keith
Some originals and some Shilohs.
Molon Labe