Gone for Turkeys

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Omaha Poke

Gone for Turkeys

Post by Omaha Poke »

I am gone turkey hunting for a couple three days and really looking forward to it. It is that last few days of the Spring Turkey Season here in WA, State, and it should be pretty tough hunting. It's tough hunting for turkeys here in WA St on opening day let alone the end of the season :!:

I have been watching videos about hunts in MO, IA, Ill, Ind, MS, and other southern and midwest states, and one guy said it doesn't get much tougher than SD :!: :!: He has obviously never hunted in WA, St. It doesn't get any tougher anywhere than it is here. And that is a fact.

Well, wish me luck, I will certainly need it. Randy
Randy Ruwe
RMulhern

Turkeys?

Post by RMulhern »

Don't have to go anywhere to find Turks here; plenty of 'em drivin up and down the road!! :shock: :shock:
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

But Rick, those CoonAss turkeys are too tough to cook.
Lee Stone
bobw

turks

Post by bobw »

Geez, Poke I guess I hunt them sometimes. Mostly I do what I call a SD drive by shooting. Spot ,sneak ,whack. Guess it comes from perception of turks as solely a food item. I am going this wkend going to use my 40-70 and 375 gr ppb's I think a rifle is more traditional than a camo shotgun with 2 oz. of copperplated 6's so thats how I do it. bobw, luck to you!
RMulhern

Post by RMulhern »

[quote="Lee Stone"]But Rick, those CoonAss turkeys are too tough to cook.[/quote]

Lee

Now you know...that I "ain't" south of Alexandria!! I'm talkin bout these "nawthern turks"!! :lol: :wink:
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Sheeesh!! What was I thinking? Of course you're right. Sorry about that. Hope I didn't cause any offense. :roll: :wink:
Lee Stone