The Wasserburger Mile-----BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Gents,

Sept 29th & 30th, We will shoot on the 30th the First ever Wasserburger Mile match :shock: . All Serrious~ ie Crazy :lol: :roll: Long range shooters are welcome.

Target location and construction and set up will be on Sept 29th. Come join the fun while we build the thing then set it. Painting party to follow then with some luck-time, a bit of practice!

Crew will then adjurn to Lusk Wyo and the Silver Dollar Bar for Steaks, adult beverages and fellowship. Or we may just stay at the ranch and get toasted? :roll: :wink: :shock:

Sunday Sept 30th 7 am till 9 am practice Match will start at 930 am.

Any safe powder charge will be allowed, ie Dulpex, so you 45-90 and 45-70 guys can get enough steam in the boiler to make the mile! :lol: :shock: :twisted:

Questions? Call 307-687-0080 or cell 307-689-4497

The lunger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

All I can say is, hope you guys have fun :wink: Then let us know how it went :D or should I say were it went :wink:

Kelley O.
Kenny Wasserburger

Kelley,

It should be interesting?! :lol:

Have fun with Herr Kidwell and gang, Wish I could make it this year maybe NEXT! :!:

Kenny

The Lunger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

cjensen

Post by cjensen »

Kenny, so close, I will be pulling into Gillette on Saturday after an all night drive to shoot some doe goats in area 29. Need to find a place to set up camp on Saturday. Where around Gillette are you located?
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Kenny: check your Private Messages!....
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
clearcrickshooter

Post by clearcrickshooter »

Heey Kenny this is the clearcrickshooter aka Randy E. Good to hear you are having the mile match. What are the particulars like how many shots at it for record -shot on the prone sticks I suppose? Would like to go Thanks Randy
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Kenny,

I would love to make your match just to taste another WY steak.

BTW, just how far over the top of my long range tang sight would I have to hold to hit a target one mile off :?: :?: :? :) :) :)............JimK
ole pizen slinger

Post by ole pizen slinger »

The Devil with the steak, I'd like to go just to see that georgious Wyoming countryside again. I love it out there--would like to live there but guess it won't ever happen. Have a good match Kenny--be thinkin' 'bout ya.
ole pizen slinger
Barry C Jolly

"I envy no man that knows more than myself and pity them that know less:" Sir T. Brown

"Everyone must sacrifice at the altar of stupidity from time to time" A. Einstein
bryany

Post by bryany »

Some of us have been planning on being there for a year. I expect it to be a challenging effort with a little "fly by the seat of your pants" feel. If you can make it, you will remember the event. MVA sells a fine tang sight just for this kind of thing, I had to use a 30 foot tape to measure the staff.

I know we are looking for a volunteer to act as target spotter, maybe Kelly?

If the weather aint too wild, there will be many hits on steel by the end of the day.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
Kenny Wasserburger

As Bryan pointed out!

MVA makes a XLR Soule now just for the Wasserburger mile. MY rough calculations say, you will need some were around 166 to 173 MOA above a 1000 yard Zero? That would be 43 to 45 points above your 600 yard zero for you short ranger types! :roll: :wink: Then you have to take the precession into your windage requirements too that would be around 8-12 Moa of left to comp for the right hand twist. This is were High BC bullets will Really Shine.

Bryan, Myself and Jimb all have XLR staffs now. Call MVA !!!! :shock:

Shooting positions will be anything thats safe, prone x sticks or bench rest even. If it works out we may have a bench class and x stick class. This is a first time out of the chute sorta thing so we will figure it out as we go! :roll:

Randy, I am planing on 2 sighting shots then 8-10 for record. Will all depend on the amount of shooters of course. If it goes fast enough we may shoot it twice? :roll: :?:

Herr Kidwell,

You come, I will sure as hell will bring down good steaks like the hand picked ones at Raton, and forget the bar in Lusk! Jim your always welcome at the ranch.

CJenson, I live in Gillette but the Ranch is 120 miles south on 85 between Lusk and Newcastle Wyoming. Thats were the match will be.

Ole Pizzen slinger, These steaks well lets say they are worth the drive, I learned meat judging in HS and well I do pretty good, and nothing better then Wyo Black Angus, specially if we got Dan T cooking!

Kenny

The Lunger

bryany

Post by bryany »

I kind of like the idea of 20 shots for score out of two relays. The air in late September should be about perfect compared to the mirage of mid summer and the frost of Winter in this part of the country. It still requires a spotter near the target to call shot placement. A mile is just damn far to see no matter how good a scope you have.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
Kenny Wasserburger

Thats what I am leaning towards too Bryan.

:roll: :wink:

The Lunger

Kenny Wasserburger

Herr Theodore,,,

Vee haff need of very good BC Torpedo oberslag! :lol: Thinking Micro Mini's and The like!

ya vol? :roll:

Gutten nicht

Das Lunger

Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

Bryan,

I'd love to make that match, except I can't. With the Southeastern regional, our state silhouette regional, the Don Rogers memorial all piled together in about a three week period makes it tough. Then the fact of working thrown in :(

Dan,

Those sights setting of 171 & 166 are a little on the low side, I'm betting.

Kenny,

Have the competitors list loads with sight setting & get them to us, would be interesting. I'm betting most sight setting will be well over the 200 moa settings.

Kelley O.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Sounds like quite a match you have planned Kenny.Ought to be a real eye opener with a good time to be had by all. I looked at my drop table on my 50 loads and with my calculations I'd need to add another 2" of staff to my rear sight. just for the heck of it I also calculated the drop in MOA from my 100 yd setting,only needed to add 309.8 MOA to hit at 1750. Add the staff height ,mill the back and front of my front sight hood off a bit and bend the aperature over to the front about 10 degrees,yeah that would do it. Might get pretty uncomfortable getting belted that low in the ribs though after a few shots. Also figured the load would drop 19.2' from 1700 to 1750 yds, yeah 19.2' in the last 150' . Guess my shots would look more like mortor impacts that failed to explode. I'll leave this shoot to you Flat Earth Society guys. But I'd bet my last dime you will all have a good time and thats what counts . I'll be scouting elk 60 miles north for the 10/1 SD opener. Have fun and good luck to all!! bobw