Pistol primers

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Re: Pistol primers

Post by desert deuce »

I have frequently marveled at your use of the English language.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

What’s the deal with landfill shooting anyway? When I was a kid (22 year old USMC vet) we used to drink beer and shoot rats at the dump with 22’s. Don’t think I’d try that with a 45-90 though…would skip the beers whilst shooting too, but back then I guess I knew better…
semtav

Post by semtav »

Now Jonny, remember, some people grew up privileged. Fancy shooting ranges, everything could be bought on the spot,

Poor souls never learned the fun of just going out and breaking bottles or whatever else you could prop up to blow away.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Appliance doors are the original "shoot -n-see" target. The way the paint and enamel flakes off is a great aid to long range spotting.
Limber Up!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Luke wrote: "I don't let my wife read stuff like this, lest she not let me out to play with the cool kids." Really, with accompanying sniffles? :cry:

Sounds like LUKE has a problem with obtaining permission from his wife to, "play with the cool kids." That is perplexing. :?

The question now is, how do we break LUKE free from this perceived yoke of suppression he FEARs ? Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision.

Obviously, LUKE hails from Missouri, The Show Me State, just like it says on their license plates. Perhaps the solution LUKE is to SHOW HER? :wink:

You see LUKE, I-44, I-40 and I-17 will transport you from Missouri to Anthem, Arizona, and the Ben Avery Shooting Facility by ordinary automobile.

There, between April 1st through April 8th, 2025, you will find an aggregation of Long Range Black Powder Target Rifle shooters, the finest folks in the world assembled for the sole purpose of enjoying the pleasures of shooting their black powder target rifles at targets.

Be aware though that they do have their preferred pronouns and if you are not familiar them it could prove embarrassing for you. Some of their favorites that you should be familiar with are: Sharps, Remington, Swiss, grease groove, Winchester, paper patch (not so much), Starline, SPG, cross sticks, Kowa, Spotter. You have time to brush up on these subjects. And, these men in particular are virtual Choir Boys, paragons of personal morality and behavior, (with maybe a few exceptions), so you will fit right in. :wink:

Once your wife has personally experienced the Event called the Desert International she will want to accompany you in your sojourns among the cool kids. Trust me :mrgreen:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!