starting loads for 45-110

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

don marable

starting loads for 45-110

Post by don marable »

I am awaiting with great anticipation some brass, bullets and loading dies for my never fired Quigley 45-110. Also, I included a loading manual in my first order. I have loaded smokeless powder in pistols riflesand shotguns for the past 30 plus years, but I have no experience with black powder. I need to know a combination of bullet, powder, wadding if needed and cleaning materials.

I realize this is a lot, but what the hell, you have to ask to get.

Good Hunting :wink:
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

Don ;
go to the search and type Kenny wasserberger ,or 45 -110 and you should get a barrel of stuff on exactly what you need ,good luck
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Smokin

Post by Smokin »

don marable,

Just wait a bit and when Kenny Wasserburger and rdnck read your query, they will be able to fill you in on some excellent advice for loading this cartridge. I watched rdnck when he fired the first shots from his new Shiloh .45-2 7/8" and was very impressed with both its accuracy and clean burning. (We'll leave discussions of the softness or moistness of fouling to other venues - for now :) ) Good luck, Smokin
Smokin

Member in tall standing of the Frozen Tundra Chapter, Flat Earth Society.
rdnck

PM

Post by rdnck »

Don Marable--Check your personal messages. Shoot straight, rdnck.
ironramrod

Post by ironramrod »

Gentlemen,

I'm right on the edge of ordering a Shiloh in .45x2 7/8 and could use a few starting loads that shoot well myself. I have copied down a couple I have seen on this forum, but could always use more.

I'm interested in shooting a couple of bullets. Something in the 425-450 gr. range in a long flat nose design for hunting and something in the 500-550 gr. range in a postell design for target work at the longer ranges. I would like to get mv up over 1450 fps on the lighter bullet, if I can avoid leading problems.

Your thoughts?

Regards
North of 56

Post by North of 56 »

Count me as number 3! :!: My order is going in this week. (Hartford .45-110) I too have done a little smokeless reloading but never any BP. Any all inf. would be greatly appreciated!
Darrin
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

I will be ordering a Hartford 45-110 in the next month or so also. you can bet I will crunch as much BP in it as I can. :>)