Quality

Ask Shiloh questions about your Shiloh Sharps Rifle.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

carrottop

Quality

Post by carrottop »

recieved my new Quigley ( 45/2 7/8 )last week. First let me say that I am a long time gun nut, however most of my experiences are with military weapons and , stock production weapons and although servicible tolerances are at best loose. This is the first custom made weapon I have ever owned and I have quit a collection of varied and sundry weapons. Kudos are far from high enough praise for the workmanship and quality I have seen in this fine weapon. The wood to metal finish is so superb if it wasn't for the contrast you wouldn't know where metal started and wood ended. Truly this is the finest crafted anything I have ever owned. On top of this is the no 1 , top of the line, class A , staff and craftsman at Shiloh. If you never own but one firearm , it should be one of sSholohs . Thank You Kirk, Lucinda, and all the Staff at SHiloh Sharps Mfg .
SHILOH1
Don't no where were going ,but there ain't no use in being late.
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Carrottop:

What finish did you get? Did you upgrade your wood? How about the checkering?

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
carrottop

Post by carrottop »

Texas Shooter, being a ex-Marine grunt, I am very plain and utilitarian, I ordered a repo of Mathew Quigley's sharps rifle , just like you see in the movie , wanted something to shoot ,and not have to worry about dings and such. From now on the only thing I will add to this fine weapon is my personal character,scratches , dents , dings , and only use bp. I belive in taking very good care of weapons , but my A type personality won't let me baby things , I remember my mothers oft said remark to me " thats right son if it don't fit get a bigger hammer". So for me its all plain Jane ,if you could ever prescibe that acronym to one of these rifles.
SHILOH1
Don't no where were going ,but there ain't no use in being late.