2024 Desert International Target Rifle Championship

This is where you can place your scores from the matches. It uses an excel spread sheet! If you send me your sheet of scores I can put it on the forum and provide a link where everyone can view it.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Re: 2024 Desert International Target Rifle Championship

Post by desert deuce »

Ahhh, slow, but still, learning.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Well, the "stuff" I ordered at Jim Gier's recommendation to make my front windage sight behave arrived today, so I'm putting all those LR shooters at Forsyth on notice. But I may be done with prone, my body is not yet fully recovered after 6 days! And I'm wondering about tilting the rear staff forward a bit for a better site picture at 1000. Midrange is coming up soon at Worland. Are staff positions intended to be fluid for different ranges in contrast to those with elevated targets at long range versus level?

In viewing the Alliance results it appears that those who consider the wind their friend did well in challenging conditions. Maybe some day...
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

The DI takes place in Phoenix. I was gonna post some really smart ass stuff here, but I decided against it. Different game than Forsyth, that’s what I will say. There are plenty of Forsyth threads.
semtav

Post by semtav »

It's ok Jonny, we know if you hang around DD long enough some of that will start rubbing off on you.

Be careful tho, as long as it took him for that last comeback, he may be slipping a few cogs.
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Jonny V, My response didn't get posted so I'll try again. Yep, Forsyth and Big Hill, which I shoot, are different games than Phoenix. Not sure I understand your point but I do appreciate you withholding smart-ass comments. We are all trying to improve our shooting skills while having fun, regardless of the venue. I've never shot paper except at our local 200 yard range. I hope to shoot midrange for the first time at Worland next month and even the DI next winter, weather permitting, to see what I can learn. I'm past the age of embarrassment and am not getting younger. I found your video at the recent DI to be helpful. Thanks for sharing that.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

I made a list of what Johnny V needs to get done before he returns to the Desert International before I left for home back in February. :D
Looked for that list yesterday and today. Haven't found it yet and don't, off hand, recall any of the salient points other than the list was long. :roll:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

I need improvement in every aspect of my shooting game, that’s a fact. The list would be long indeed! You know what they say about eating an elephant right? Grab your knife and fork, start at the ass, and go one bite at a time!

Meant no disrespect Mike…was having a little too much fun last night, paying for it this morning lol! I’m not sure what my point was either come to think of it.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

mike herth wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:31 pm Jonny V, My response didn't get posted so I'll try again. Yep, Forsyth and Big Hill, which I shoot, are different games than Phoenix. Not sure I understand your point but I do appreciate you withholding smart-ass comments. We are all trying to improve our shooting skills while having fun, regardless of the venue. I've never shot paper except at our local 200 yard range. I hope to shoot midrange for the first time at Worland next month and even the DI next winter, weather permitting, to see what I can learn. I'm past the age of embarrassment and am not getting younger. I found your video at the recent DI to be helpful. Thanks for sharing that.
Mike hope to see you make it to Worland. Don't forget about the original Creedmoor match at Kenny's over labor day, and the Creedmoor match at Byers in Sept. All 3 of those will be good experience for serious long range work going forward
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Yep, Worland's going to reveal a lot to me. I'm looking forward seeing you Don.